T901 Windows 8!

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by rcxAsh, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZZZ

ZZZ T901, T3010 owner

hi, yep I also got the screen rotation working when flipping the screen (laptop>tablet>laptop), but what does not work yet is the auto-rotation when I turn the machine itself (portrait>landscape>portrait) which does work in Win7. No clue how to fix so far...

And yes, I still have my old T3010 and I actually used it again last weekend (since almost a year)! Although the T901 runs circles around it, the T3010 is still a rather light and small package for what it does - not unlike the newest hybrids that are coming to the market now seven years later :)

2. svmus

svmus Pen Pal - Newbie

Would the pen work on windows 8 pro (64bit) with the drivers posted on Fujitsu? Thx

3. DavidOttawa

DavidOttawa Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, rcxAsh, for the solution to the T901 fingerprint reader software. I am still using Windows 7, but I hate the OmniPass software. I followed your directions to the free AuthenTec Protector Suite at AuthenTec Customer Support > Downloads > Windows > ProtectorSuite. I also installed the WBF driver (Related Downloads tab on the same page). I removed OmniPass first.

All I wanted was the Windows logon authentication, and it works about ten times faster than OmniPass did. You get the standard Windows login screen now, but the fingerprint scan immediately logs you in. Thanks for the information. It fixed my number one annoyance with the T901.

4. richman

richman Scribbler - Standard Member

I can't seem to get the wheel pad just right f the track pad to work under windows 8. Any suggestions?

5. rcxAsh

rcxAsh Scribbler - Standard Member

To get the wheel pad working (and also the on-screen scroll sensor), I had to install the mouse drivers. I think it may have been Pointing Utility or similar. It was likely the T901 Windows 7 driver though, as I didn't see one under the Windows 8 list.

Also, ZZZ, unfortunately, I hadn't tried the autorotation in that sense - I don't know if I ever observed it in Windows 7. Does it use the accelerometer from the shock sensor? I do have the shock sensor working in Windows 8, so perhaps there is a combination of Windows 7/8 drivers that may help.

6. rcxAsh

I just tested out the auto-rotation using the accelerometer on my T901 in Windows 8 and it does indeed seem to work. I have the auto rotation utility installed from Windows 7 I think it is, and i have the Shock Sensor drivers installed from Windows 8.

After calibrating the utility (using the tray icon), the screen auto rotates depending on what orientation I physically move the computer into while in slate mode.

Very neat!

7. primexx

primexx Scribbler - Standard Member

I just installed Win8 Pro and touch doesn't work for me. How did you guys get it to work?

On fresh install, the stylus works, but the touch doesn't respond at all.

After installing the driver from Wacom, touch registers, but is not treated as a touch-interface. It just gives me a mouse pointer and none of the touch gestures work.

Any ideas?

8. rcxAsh

That's odd, I think that the touch worked for me pretty much out of the box. I had installed it from scratch though, not doing an in-place upgrade from a previous version of Windows (though I don't know if that would make a difference or not).

9. ZZZ

ZZZ T901, T3010 owner

Thanks rcxAsh - your post made me try again, and with success this time!

The trick to get auto-rotation to work was to install the following drivers, beyond all the T901 Windows 8 drivers (x64): AutoRotation_FJ_v1.01.10.003_W7-64 (the Win 7 driver) and ButtonUtility_FAI_v7.05.0409.2011(04092011)Claw_W7-64 (Win7 x64 driver of the T731).

What I hadn't realised is that it only works in slate mode. Also, I find that the screen switches orientation much faster than in Win7.

Thanks!

10. primexx

primexx Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm doing a fresh install too.. tried several times but it just doesn't recognize the touch layer, which edition of Windows 8 did you use? I used the System Builder DVD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.