T901 Windows 8!

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by rcxAsh, Oct 27, 2012.

1. mmccord

mmccord Scribbler - Standard Member

I installed the win7 x64 wwan drivers and the gps works. I think the wwan card works also, but I don't have it activated yet. The software sees the ESN and everything though. Will know later this week when I get it activated.

2. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

The Wacom drivers are beta, and I couldn't help but notice "Set to Pan/Scroll does not Pan/Scroll," which makes it useless to me. Then again, the implementation of pan/scroll outside Photoshop with the tablet pc was never that great anyway. It was always weirdly laggy.

Still, the inability to use one of my two favorite sideswitch settings has me waiting for a non-beta, official Win8 driver.

3. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Windows 8 x64 drivers are up! No new pen driver, but that's to be expected until Wacom comes out with an official driver.

Awesome, I can use the battery utility again. Currently debating whether to reinstall Fujitsu drivers I already installed.

Also- I've seen mentions of the Fujitsu Software Download Manager (FSDM) around here (or another thread), but I must be blind because I don't see a download link anywhere. Help?

4. Plognark

Plognark Scribbler - Standard Member

Top of the page, here: Fujitsu America - Support

5. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Yeah, I saw it the other day when I reinstalled Windows 8. I guess Fujitsu just hadn't put it up for the T901 for download yet. Thanks, though.

6. Plognark

Yeah, it definitely wasn't there at first. It still comes bundled with windows 7 wacom drivers.

On a positive note, it looks like nVidia put out new drivers yesterday for their graphics cards. The new ones solved a ton of my photoshop performance issues, so I'm pretty happy. touch panning still sucks, but consistent pressure sensitivity is back and that annoying screen flicker is gone.

Currently using the wacom 7.1.0.8 beta drivers; they seem ok now when combined with the new graphics drivers.

7. Plognark

Nope, 7.1.0.8 beta drivers are no good, at least for photoshop pressure sensitivity.

I wound up fixing the mini keyboard issue and getting the pen to work in photoshop by installing the 7.1.0.8 beta drivers and then installing the 7.0.9.5 beta drivers. It's kludgy, but it works.

8. svmus

svmus Pen Pal - Newbie

Any lessons learned or instructions for Win8 64 bit pro install will be appreiciated. I am planning to use upgrade option than clean install.

Not a photshop user and I dont use the pen, I also dont have Nvidia GPU.

I did download all the win8 64bit drivers from the website. My guess is after I upgrade to win8 pro, just install all the drivers in the order Fujitsu recommends.

Is there a driver or software I need to download from Wacom or other sites?

Help appreciated to aviod issues. Thx

9. ZZZ

ZZZ T901, T3010 owner

Hi,
    Has anyone got auto rotation to work? I've tried the win7 auto-rotation utility but that gives an error (at boot). The shock sensor driver+utility does work and for the rest I am using the win8-x64 drivers from the Fujitsu Americas website.

Beyond that Win8 works actually very nice on the T901.
    Thanks!

10. rcxAsh

rcxAsh Scribbler - Standard Member

Do you mean auto-rotation when you flip the screen down to tablet mode? I managed to get this working some how by installing the various drivers... I can't remember which one though - it may have been the button drivers or some of the other system stuff. I think the auto-rotation utility need some other driver to work?

Incidentally, I see under your name that you have a T3010? That was probably the first Tablet PC I had played with in the flesh at a store before deciding to pick up a T4010D for myself. So neat that you still have it!