T901 Windows 8!

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by rcxAsh, Oct 27, 2012.

1. monkey13

monkey13 Scribbler - Standard Member

Good to know for those interested: the 29,99€ upgrade (I guess 39,99$) to W8 pro worked even without my old XP installed. I had W8 RP since my SSD upgrade (no more XP after that) and W8 pro didn't even ask the old license key. It only does a clean install from W8 RP, you can only keep your personal files.

2. nev

nev Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi
    I just upgraded my T901 as well; but the number keys don't work on websites ... they work fine on apps; but if I try to type numbers on any web page - such as this, the following is what I get

tttttttttt

any help would be appreciated

nev

3. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

I just resolved this not too long ago on my mother's touchsmart pc. The problem is Constant Guard. It's not compatible with Win8, I guess. Uninstall it and you should be fine.

4. mmccord

mmccord Scribbler - Standard Member

Anybody get the WWAN working in windows 8? The module is a Sierra Wireless MC8355.

5. primexx

primexx Scribbler - Standard Member

hmm interesting. i wonder if this means that as long as you download the ISO from a win7 computer, you can then use that ISO to do completely new installs (on blank HDDs) at will.

6. rcxAsh

rcxAsh Scribbler - Standard Member

Basically, I believe that their stipulation is that the machine you are installing it on was previously licensed for Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista or Windows 7.

On the program details page, there is a note that says:
    (Quote from https://www.windowsupgradeoffer.com/en-CA/Home/ProgramInfo, accessed 2012-11-03; emphasis mine)

So interestingly, it makes it sound as if you can install it anywhere you want so long as the machine previously had a Windows license.

7. monkey13

monkey13 Scribbler - Standard Member

You should just try. As I said above, the W8pro installation procedure didn't ask for the license key for my XP. And I was running W8 CP at the time of the upgrade. Clean install made by iso-dvd.

8. rcxAsh

Official T901 Windows 8 drivers are now available from Fujitsu America's support site!

Also, regarding WWAN, there is a note that says WWAN support is expected in Q1 2013.

9. Plognark

Plognark Scribbler - Standard Member

Sadly, only 32 bit win 8 so far. Hopefully 64 bit isn't too far behind.

10. rcxAsh

You're right... I had missed that the first time around.

On another driver note though, I noticed that Wacom released another version of their drivers last week (on their website), and after installing it, it seems that the shrinking/small Touch Keyboard/Tablet PC Input Panel issue has been resolved (at least I no longer observe this issue after installing it). This brought back pressure sensitivity for me in other graphics applications such as The GIMP. Presumably, this should be good for Photoshop users as well.