T901 vs T902

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by ste8ven, Aug 3, 2012.

1. dennisspeaks

dennisspeaks Pen Pal - Newbie

So does the T902 have modular battery tray, dvd drive and optional hd that can be swopped out just like the t901? I like the look better and considering upgrading. Thanks.

2. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

@dennisspeaks yes, it does - however, they are different model, resembling 9.5mm devices (instead of 12.7mm on T901). It means that, while HDD caddy and DVD drive function just the same, the modular battery has much smaller capacity than the main battery, reducing the incentive to use it at all.

3. monkey13

monkey13 Scribbler - Standard Member

It even has a Bluray drive option besides what Starlight said. However the Bluray and the 2nd bay battery are overpriced. From my experience the modular bay battery also gets worn out (loses capacity) much faster than the main battery. But it's a nice backup when you are on the move.
    If you can get a T902 in good condition, at a good price, it's definitly worth it. Mine is holding up very nicely and it's four years old. I've got one last year of warranty :)

Starlight5 likes this.
  4. dennisspeaks

I ended up getting the t901 for $150 i5 processor with only pen touch. I liked it except the sound is really crappy. I bought a t901 with i7 processor on ebay with dual pen and touch for $186 then sold the i5 processor one on craigslist for $180.

Now I want to upgrade the ram to 16. I read someone one her upgraded theirs with (2x8GB Corsair CMSO16GX3M2A1333C9 however when went to corsairs website it says it's not compatible.

Lastly is there anyway to improve the sound or am I stuck to external speakers?

Thanks

Starlight5 likes this.
  5. Starlight5

@dennisspeaks you should be able to use any pair of DDR3/DDR3L modules as long as they are low density (both sides of the module populated with 8 memory chips on each). I suggest modern DDR3L (1.35V/1.5V) 1600 modules, because they are easier to source, and have much higher reusability than old and/or slow DDR3 (1.5V only).

Check BIOS for volume setting, set it to Loudest if it is available. You can DIY some better speakers there if you're feeling adventurous, of course.

6. rcxAsh

rcxAsh Scribbler - Standard Member

I have my T901 at 16 GB using this Crucial 8 GB module: CT102464BF160B, paired with an 8 GB G.Skill module that was branded as memory for Mac. No issues on my end. The main thing, as @Starlight5 says is that they should be DDR3, 1600 MHz modules.

Starlight5 likes this.
  7. dennisspeaks

8. Starlight5

@dennisspeaks yes, something like this. Those particular modules look on the expensive side to me; hold off a bit if you can - RAM should go down in prices by the end of the year.