T901 SD card reader problem

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Frank, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Sony Memory-Sticks work fine, however, SD cards (I tried many different types, 2GB and 4GB) won't get recognized most of the time. Sometimes it works, but most of the time they won't. I insert them and nothing happens. Windows won't start if an SD card is inserted either.

The tablet runs Windows 7 x64.

Have others tried the SD Reader on their T901? Does everything work?

In the device manager everything looks fine. The O2 Memory-Stick and the O2 SD-card drivers are both installed properly. I've also installed the latest Fujitsu recommended drivers (haven't searched for some other special drivers yet).

The physical connector looks ok, too, at least I wasn't able to see something broken.

So maybe someone had a similar problem or just can confirm that everything works fine :)

2. richman

richman Scribbler - Standard Member

I have T901 and use SD's regularly - I've only used 3 different Kingston 8gb's though - all are ultimate XX 233X.
    I also boot, reboot and swap them out fairly regularly with no issues.
    On occasion I notice the shut down process sometimes takes longer than usual. On a few of those occasions I popped out the SD card and it shut down. Have had similar experiences with other machines and needing to power off external USB storage to shut down.

I'm also working from a clean win 64 pro install, not the factory fujitsu image.

hope that helps.

3. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

thank you.

In two weeks I have time to do a more in-deep research, maybe a clean install of Windows 7 and hope it's just a driver issue, because only Windows refuses to boot with an SD card inserted, and the MS reader works fine.