T901 Release Date

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by andre_s, Mar 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The Fujitsu's haven't used AFFS+ in their screens, but they use good quality PVA screens -which are very similar to AFFS+, both of which are superior technology to IPS (well, the IPS screen technology that is for mobile applications like the iPad and the X220/t, I'm not comparing to the super expensive 40lb IPS monitors you can buy XD )

These PVA panels which are always the same in the T5010, T900, and now T901 are high quality screens with great colors and very deep black levels, and excellent viewing angles. The reason it is not AFFS+ is they made a deal with the manufacturers to make these specialized screens [13.3" isn't a screen size used by ANY Tablet PC manufacturer besides Fujitsu any more] that have the Wacom Active digitizer fused to the back, and have a hard screen front that either has multi-touch capabilities or is just glass

2. primexx

primexx Scribbler - Standard Member

ah that's good to know =)

for long term owners of Fujitsu tabletPCs, do you think it's worth getting an extension on the standard 1 year warranty?

3. randfee

randfee Scribbler - Standard Member

lmao... literally tears in my eyes right now... that made my day ^^

guys... you can't just write stuff like that, it's late and I can't wake my wife drooling over such bad support workers :p

Agent... I can't wait for somebody to get their hands on one and do a proper comparison. No matter how long it takes for my order to go through, I'll think of a way to properly visualize this!! still occasionally look for decent screen review... nothing. :(

@primexx,
    I'll definitely get the 3 year warranty since the machine is for work (and tax-payers will pay for it anyways so they wouldn't want me to stop working in case the machine malfunctions, would they :p )

4. rmg22893

rmg22893 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just got an email from my university's bookstore saying that the computer would take 1-6 weeks to get in. I'll be calling them about every three days to see if it's in ^.^ as soon as I get it, I'll do some benchmark tests and such with the NVIDIA GPU.

5. primexx

primexx Scribbler - Standard Member

some resellers came back with price quotes, they definitely are better than the fujitsu price

6. NamelessPlayer

NamelessPlayer Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Oh, great, now I'm confused. If this extends to the T5010 and T900 as well, that would mean that they never used AFFS+ like we were thinking earlier...

*checks eBay* Well, this T5010 LCD listing is unquestionably AFFS+-look at that distinctive BOEhydis logo on the label! Nothing on the T900, though, but it's still very likely they were using AFFS+ at the time.

Well, looks like we'd still have to make some compromises...or do we? Perhaps some crazed Tablet PC enthusiast could attempt to hotrod a T901 with one of the earlier models' AFFS+ panels? (I don't know if the capacitive touch digitizers are compatible between T900 and T901, but it wouldn't make much sense for them to change the LCD cable and connector, along with any antennas for Wi-Fi and 3G/4G.

7. randfee

randfee Scribbler - Standard Member

I am just quite annoyed that there are no good display tests out there, not even of the "old" models (t900). I hate that all pseudo review-sites only compare and state the obvious, CPU, amount of memory etc. Kind of pathetic!

8. Maeth

Maeth Tablet newcomer

I just ordered my T901 yesterday!
    My friend got a X220T recently, so when my T901 comes in, I will post pictures and short review comparing the two.

9. Unknownroad

Unknownroad Pen Pal - Newbie

I am going to be getting the T-901, but I have heard most of the newer notebooks come with a lot of bloatware. Does anyone with the T-901 have any recommendations on what/how to remove bloatware from this tablet?

10. mediumlebowski

mediumlebowski Scribbler - Standard Member

Duplicate post, deleted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.