T901 Release Date

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by andre_s, Mar 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andre_s

andre_s Pen Pal - Newbie

I am currently the proud owner of a T5010 and I have been looking into upgrading to the new T901.

However, it has been difficult to find any news about a release date for the T901. I thought Fujitsu wanted to start sales at the end of February. Well, obviously that didn't happen.

Does anybody have any news regarding the release date?

2. Giacomo UCDS

Giacomo UCDS Tablet PC addicted

Fujitsu Italy say that it will be available in first two weeks of April.
    They sent me a test unit this Monday, I should receive it today or tomorrow. It should be a final unit, not a pre-production one, so shipments should start soon.

3. richman

richman Scribbler - Standard Member

Will you be posting a review giacomo?

4. Giacomo UCDS

Of course. I'll do unboxing video and a full review with video and photo in HD.
    First photo and video will be published on Tablet PC Italia - La prima guida italiana ai Tablet PC and 10 different LIFEBOOKs - 1000 stories - LIFEBOOK4Life (and here, if you want it) as soon as possible (at most six hours after the arrival of the tablet).

If you need for particular tests, of you have any questions, I am open to any request.

These are the specifications of the T901 that I'll receive, I hope today otherwise it go to Monday:

Display: 13.3" WXGA non-glare, Dual Digitizer
    Processore: Intel® Core™ i7 2620M (2.7 GHz, 4MB, 1066MHz)
    Memoria: 1x4 GB DDR3
    Hard disk: 128 GB SSD
    Connettività: WLAN, Bluetooth 3.0, UMTS
    Webcam
    Fingerprint
    Sistema operativo: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional

Sound nice :)

5. andre_s

andre_s Pen Pal - Newbie

That sounds great. I am looking forward to your review. In case you just post it on your website, please put a link to the review on here.

6. darthhen

darthhen Scribbler - Standard Member

Slightly off topic...

Looks like April will be a good month. The Lenovo x220t could also be released around April/May time frame, I hope.

I definitely would like to see a comparison of the screen quality between these two higher-end tablet PCs.

I had the T4220 for about 2 weeks before I got rid of it. Then I ended up with HP TM2, but the screen quality is terrible. Hoping to upgrade to something that has nicer screen.

7. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I too, would love to see a video review of it; batterylife and performance are the big things that have changed, so if you could focus on that and add in anything else you think we should know, that would be awesome!

That T901 seems like it will be the Tablet PC to get from 2011; if the new processor is that energy efficient, then it must run cold most of the time, and hopefully it doesn't get too hot under load. I am kinda surprised to see that it has a HDMI port, but that is only for the better.

The x220t is simply not an option to use; they are switching over from a 1280x800 screen (16:10 aspect ratio, same as the Tm2), and going to a 1366x768 screen (a 16:9 aspect ratio; it is so more movies can "fit the screen without the black bars" which is just plain stupid to do, because how many people are using their low-res 12" notebook as a entertainment only device watching movies. Then there is the biggest issue of portrait mode being totally unusable as you just lost a good number of precious pixels; that also makes landscape mode harder to use because of the loss. Sure it is a loss of only 32 pixels vertical, but that is almost the height of the task bar [~40 pixels] which is unacceptable)

Thankfully the T901 is still using a 16:10 1280x800 13.3" screen as its predecessors did; but we have yet to see what the other Tablet PC Sandy Bridge refreshes will do.

8. darthhen

darthhen Scribbler - Standard Member

Good point. I actually make my task bar 2x the height on my TM2.

9. richman

richman Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks Giacomo. I'm most interested in the wacom digitizer. Making windows more touch friendly isn't too hard so for me the wacom and the screen make the t901 most appealing. I've been checking out the asus ep121 which is very nice but I'm leaning toward the t901. I'd probably rather put the money into something which will perform really well through a number of years including a windows 8 update at some point

Anyway thanks again.

10. Giacomo UCDS

Some problems with the shipping. Fujitsu Italy send me a T580 demo unit instead of the T901 one, so now I have to review this unit and I'll receive the T901 the next month.

I'm sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.