T901. Photoshop CS5. No Multitouch. WTF?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Plognark, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plognark

Plognark Scribbler - Standard Member

This is most likely an issue with Photoshop and adobe, not the tablet.

I just got a T901 to replace my aging, well worn T5010. It is, in a word, awesome. I'm an artist, so that's kind of my thing.

I got the dual digitizer, which works great, and I love it.

Here's the problem: Photoshop doesn't appear to support multitouch on the new machine. The option doesn't even come up in the interface menu, as it does on Macs that have touch enabled.

Everything I can possibly think of, from Wacom drivers to photoshop patches to windows updates to graphics drivers have been updated to the latest and greatest.

It's making me a little nervous, because I can barely find any info on getting multitouch to work in photoshop on any Fujitsu tablets. Supposedly CS5 supports windows based multitouch, but I bloody well can't seem to get it to recognize that the new machine has it.

Has anyone out there managed to get multitouch to work with Photoshop on any Fujitsu tablets? This could even go back as far as some older models like the T5010's that had 2-finger multi touch. I'd really like to be able to zoom, pan, and rotate with gestures. Right now it only recognizes a single digit contact, and treats it as a left click.

I'm running Win7 X64. Multitouch works fine in other applications, so I know that the hardware works. Photoshop does recognize the Nvidia graphics, and advanced graphics options are enabled. I can pan, zoom, and rotate with the advanced openGL just fine.

Would appreciate any feedback from someone who's worked with this before. My search-fu on the forum didn't turn up anything, but I may have just missed what phrases to search for. Thanks in advance!

2. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Its the program(s) and partly Wacom Tablet PC driver's fault; I had a Tm2 [nearly the same Wacom pen & touch system as the T901] and the only art program that had touch work properly at all was ArtRage, since then I've had only Pen systems and have tried other programs like the new Sketchbook Pro, MyPaint, CorelPainter 12 and a few others so you may want to try those for the touch enabled art experience -as Photoshop won't have it working until they actually implement it to work with the Wacom driver... Try this out though http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/software/47928-photoshop-toolbar.html

3. Plognark

Plognark Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of.

Well, I have been meaning to learn more about painter anyway.

I see that adobe has a SDK out for touch functions related to photoshop, so it may be possible to hack something up to at least get the bare-bones functionality going until they add in proper support (I'm a programmer by day).

Another option may be a really fancy autohotkey script, but that would be rather clunky, I think. If I figure anything out I'll post it here.

4. jcastane

jcastane Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey Guys,
    Has there been any update to the status of the multitouch on Photoshop? Have you tried CS6 by any chance?

I'm about to pull the trigger and buy the T901, but I'd like to make sure that I could pan, zoom, and rotate with touch controls and draw with the pen.

Also, by any chance have you tried Maya or any 3d Animation Application on the T901?

Thanks!

5. tzills

tzills Pen Pal - Newbie

touch support for all pc apps is atrocious- don't expect it to work well in any application at the moment,

6. myself

myself Pen Pal - Newbie

Multitouch works very well with photoshop (a "real feture" , not the "scroll wheel" ********!!)
    but adobe devloped it only for windows 8.1 and photoshop CC 2014
    some explanations here:
    http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/tg_feedback

It seems that you have to use the tablet as the main monitor when working, unless there is a bug for translations...i hope they'll correct this...

But then , the multitouch in photoshop is really AWESOME! very fluid and well-thought-out ..

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  7. Morning Song

Morning Song Pen Pal - Newbie

At least on my T901, I had to switch to Win8 to get multitouch in Photoshop (and stick to the Fujitsu provided digitizer driver--Wacom's Bamboo Feel IT driver didn't work at all well), but as a bonus, touch also started working in Corel Painter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.