T901 and Windows 10 behavior

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by dschad, Jan 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dschad

dschad Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all,

I got a very clean T901 from ebay with a dual digitizer. I do like it, the screen size is quite nice. It came with W10 installed and there is some funny business, but I'm not sure if it is Windows itself or the T901/drivers (I know that the T901 is not officially supported from Fujitsu). I'd be interested in hearing if others have similar problems to see if I should work on drivers/configuration or if it is par for the course.

Examples:

• Edge stops responding to touch sometimes if you use two fingers to zoom. It will not zoom or translate until you go to another tab, operate touch there then return to original tab. This behavior does not occur in Chrome which seems to fine all the time.
    • Manga Studio 5 and DrawPlus - touch rotation and zooming occasionally go nuts and "throw" the page out into space. Or gets stuck and will not respond until you do something else then come back.
    • In tablet mode sometimes the tiles will not respond to touch, need to go out of tablet mode and back to get it to work.

As I said, I don't know if this is my maching/configuration or if there are still bugs to be worked out in W10. What I have done is reinstall the Fujitsu W8 digitizer driver (didn't seem to make any difference) and calibrate touch and pen in Windows System. Pen pressure seems to work in MS5 and Sketchbook, so I think that is working (doesn't work in DP demo).

And a final question - the windows touch driver lists a "HID complient device" and the driver is 10.0.10586.0 dated 2006. This seems a bit old, although I don't see any update from Fujitsu.

Can I do better? I'd appreciate any comments on other's experience.

Thanks.