T900: Pen refuses to follow rotation after waking up from sleep mode

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by norvillerogers, Mar 6, 2010.

1. norvillerogers

norvillerogers Scribbler - Standard Member

jbomb: yes, 64 bit dual touch/pen.

If you only have pen, download the standard wacom drivers.
    If you have dual touch and 64 bit, the drivers from Fujitsu's website have problems.

Update: it looks like this fix worked for me to get pressure sensitivity, but only in some applications. PDF revu and OneNote have pressure sensitivity, but Photoshop still does not. I never use photoshop, so I'm calling this good.

The process that worked for me is slightly simpler than the others I've seen posted. Basically, I found no need to install the modified Wacom driver on top of an already installed Fujitsu driver. It sounds like the other processes work for others. Credit goes to sinkpoint and maretard, two Lenovo owners with installed drivers which were even more messed up than Fujitsu's. Here is a set of steps that worked for me:

1 Driver download
    1.1) Download and extract the Fujistu driver
    1.2) Download and extract the Wacom driver
    Extraction can be performed with WinRAR.
    The driver links are from maretard's post, above, and are repeated here for ease of use. I make no claims as to how updated these drivers are - just that they work and are fairly recent at time of writing. Ideally, Fujitsu would update its driver to work with 64 bit Win7, making this entire process superfluous.

2 Driver Modification
    Any instruction to copy is to copy from the Fujitsu driver folders into the Wacom driver folders
    2.1) Copy and replace Installer.dat and Common.dat
    2.2) Copy any file that does not exist in the Wacom folders. For me, these were: PenCal.exe in system32 and system32/64
    2.3) Copy and replace any .exe file which starts with WTouch in both the system32 and system32/64 folders. For me, this set of files was:
    WTouchCPL.exe
    WTouchService.exe
    WTouchUser.exe
    I did not copy WTouchAPI.dll

3 Driver installation
    3.1) Uninstall whatever drivers you have, allow the uninstall to restart. In a standard installation, you will want to uninstall "Pen Tablet" in the "Programs and Features" list.
    _____I did not need this step: 3.1a) Run setup.exe in the Fujistu folder, allow the install to restart.
    3.2) Run setup.exe in the Wacom folder, allow the install to restart.

You should now have a mostly functioning pressure sensitive driver installation.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. jbomb

jbomb Scribbler - Standard Member

I didn't know you replied... the big issue is that Photoshop is essential. Now I lost my pen and touch with a windows update.

3. Ash

Ash Pen Pal - Newbie

There is a MS HotFix to correct the return from sleep/hibernate pen reactivation problem for x64. I applied it and it now my T900 is whole, complete, and quite wonderful.

Fujitsu Fujitsu Technology Solutions Forum - T900: Keeping secondary landscape on tablet conversion

In case you don't want to read all the entries, the hotfix is at: A new user cannot use touch capacity to log on to a computer that is running Windows 7or Windows Server 2008 R2 after it resumes from sleep or hibernation. The description had me worried, but Fujitsu sent me there so I did it and it worked.

4. scottyp

scottyp Pen Pal - Newbie

Ah, so it was a Microsoft issue. I gotta keep checking their RSS feed for Win7 support articles @ Most Recent KBs for Windows 7 Ultimate

Update here if you notice any new touch/pen issues please. Thanks for sharing!

5. LROBBINS

LROBBINS Scribbler - Standard Member

Scottyp,

How would I go about subscribing to an RSS feed for Win7-Pro? The one you've linked is particularly for ultimate, and I can't cope with trying to find my way through MS supports pages to find a link for Win7-Pro. (For that matter, all I can find Bing searching MS support for RSS are links to how to use IE to subscribe to an RSS, or how to create a feed.) Either I'm dense, or just to tired, but I could use some help.
    Ciao,
    Lenny

6. scottyp

scottyp Pen Pal - Newbie

I've PM'd you Lenny, to keep this from getting OT.

I've installed the hotfix on my Win7 Pro x64 T900 and it hasn't caused any issues in a couple hours of use. Still need to test the hibernate issue though.

7. LROBBINS

LROBBINS Scribbler - Standard Member

Got the msg. Thanks.

8. jergee

jergee Pen Pal - Newbie

I am considering purchasing this tablet pc. Have these problems been rectified?

9. norvillerogers

norvillerogers Scribbler - Standard Member

The hotfix did it for me! Pressure sensitivity in photoshop, and no problems after sleep mode!

10. jergee

jergee Pen Pal - Newbie

norvillerogers, thank you very much for the update. I pretty much have made up my mind on purchasing the T900.