T900 Pen not working with rotation ---- Still PISSED OFF

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by duncanish, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duncanish

duncanish Pen Pal - Newbie

Fellow T900 owners,
    I don't know how you use your t900. I am trying to ink in an all day environment with power savings maxed. From time to time, I get involved in something else and can't afford to power down and then back up because that is a serious loss (roughly 5+ min x 8 times a day which ~ APPROX. 800 min/month or 13.3 hrs. That's a lot of $$$). It makes sense to have it go to sleep after 5-10 min. of inactivity. I tried the "fix" but that made the touch unresponsive and required repeated calibration. Shame on you Fujitsu, we pay premium prices for your tablets. Your service is responsive and attentive but you do not back them up with continued software/driver development rendering your customer service useless. Prior to this I had a HP tablet and driver deployment was rapid and professional. This is another story. I love your hardware and feature package but it is hamstrung without the software to maximize its potential.

2. norvillerogers

norvillerogers Scribbler - Standard Member

Just realized my initial answer to this was probably not helpful, since you were already aware of the fix.

The solution by sinkpoint and maretard got me a stable driver with pressure sensitivity in OneNote and PDF Revu, although it doesn't work for me in photoshop. Maybe you'll have better luck with it, but fortunately for me, I don't really use photoshop. I found I did not need to install the Fujitsu driver first - my steps are here.

Since I ran into this problem as well, I definitely feel you. Are you using 64 bit Windows 7? If it's any consolation, sinkpoint and maretard were owners of Lenovo computers, which had drivers so unsatisfactory that they decided to download ours.

Hopefully Fujitsu (or someone) will fix this soon.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. duncanish

I'll try your fix. I did speak to Fujitsu level II cust. service (whatever that means). After some initial feigned hesitation, they acknowledged this is a known and to be addressed problem as to when ...they couldn't comment on that. I'm using Win 7 64. If this doesn't work, I'm so sacrificing my cat, Mr. Sprinkles, to the often wrathful Fujitsu Driver Developer God tonight.

4. norvillerogers

I tried to make sinkpoint and maretard's steps as straightforward as possible, but if you still have trouble, I can email you a zip of my modified wacom folder. Just send me a PM.

5. duncanish

Norvilerogers,
    Thanks it seems that Mr. Sprinkles has dodged the sacrificial altar once again. The fix you suggested worked great except for (as you mentioned) photoshop. I got another bonus with use of the eraser...SWEET with the new drivers! Thanks again; it's people like you that add so much value to forums.

6. norvillerogers

Thanks for the kind words, but I can't claim credit - I just rewrote the instructions from maretard and sinkpoint. I may not have even noticed the solution if not for k4blammo.

Anyways, here's to hoping Fujitsu clears this all up. It is still inexcusable for a new machine to require this level of tweaking.

One problem I have continued to have is that very occasionally, the T900 won't go to sleep but instead will be stuck on a black screen. At least once, I didn't notice this and completely drained the battery. I think this may be unrelated - due to a messed up install of EndNote - but if you see something similar, please post here and let me know.

7. duncanish

I have not had that problem yet. The most frustrating thing is not having tabtip recognize when you want to input text and how jerky the scrolling/zoom is. Except for the microsoft bing maps. Those things are SOLID GOLD for the multitouch user. Try it out they are fantastic. I am fishing in Charleston, SC with my t900 in the car and kayaks on the top tethered to my cell carrier. I can find anything. It's amazing.

8. jbomb

jbomb Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey, are any of you on the dual?? I'm having these issue too and support is a joke. I'm on windows 7 64bit and have the dual. I can't use any power settings with sleep or hibernate because I either loose pen w pressure sensitivity use, or I just can't wake it from sleep. Now pen and touch don't work. The only change I noticed is there was a windows 7 update on 4/29.

9. jergee

jergee Pen Pal - Newbie

jbomb I am interested in this tablet pc. Are you still having trouble with your tablet?

10. funtalk

funtalk Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm having the same problem with the Pen, also another problem: the laptop sometimes doesn't goto sleep or hibernate when lid is closed; it just hangs.
    I cannot change the power setting in the control panel either: whether I change it, it just restores to the previous value.:( :confused: