t732 win 10 anyone?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Raven, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven

Raven Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello, I have a dual boot win 8/win 10 (insider preview). Anyone else using win 10 on this or similar devices? I cannot get the monitor buttons to work thus far. Otherwise, works well.

But I like the win 8 "big buttons" home page b/c I use touch screen. But I understand the win 10 changes; at least they offer a tablet mode with slightly bigger button/apps.

2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

How did you do this? Are you just using it as a generic computer? Fujitsu hasn't released windows 10 drivers yet, are you using windows 8 drivers? I would think none of the Fujitsu tablet features would be working without appropriate drivers... (auto rotate, bezel buttons, accelerometer, USB 3.0 function, etc etc.)

3. utopian201

utopian201 Scribbler - Standard Member

Would the Win 8 drivers work or no?
    I am due to receive a T734 soon and plan to upgrade the factory Win7 install to Win10 then wipe it and do a fresh install.

4. Raven

Raven Pen Pal - Newbie

I just installed the win 10 preview and the auto-updates did the rest. I see a wacom, synaptic and fuji camera were auto installed. The touch and auto-rotate worked instantly (unlike my lenovo x220i tablet--what a pain). The screen brightness hot-keys work but the volume hot-keys do not nor do the monitor buttons--like you said: they offer no support. Hopefully, given how much we pay for these things, that will change.

But even so, I am happy with my win 8.

5. Raven

Raven Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow. Gutsy. Keep us in the loop please.

6. Raven

Raven Pen Pal - Newbie

Some of the win 8 drivers worked for my lenovo x220i tablet. But I have no idea what fujitsu drivers to install for the monitor buttons, even for win 8. They are just to lazy to give us any instructions beyond: install everything.

7. Raven

Raven Pen Pal - Newbie

Ah, from the T902 win 10 thread some said to use the Button Driver, System Extension Utility and System Manager...that did it.

So...the native win 10 downloads worked and then these win 8 drivers for the buttons. Everything I have need for works!

stoneseeker likes this.
  8. luc

luc Pen Pal - Newbie

I upgraded my T732 from Win 8.1 Pro to Win 10 Pro flawlessly without any problem or incompatibilities.
    Every button on the bezel, fingerprint reader, etc. all worked perfect without any manual intervention.
    Just for the first day (did the upgrade the same launch day, 29th) there was an incompatibility issue with the Synaptic touchpad but after a couple of days there was a WIndows 10 automatic update offered to solve the problem.

UPDATE: Palm rejection is inexistent now with Win 10..... not so flawless upgrade after all

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  9. utopian201

utopian201 Scribbler - Standard Member

I have done an upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, then did a clean install. It boots in seconds. However one of the drivers increases the boot time from 2s to about 6s (my T734 has an ssd). I am going to do the third fresh install today to make it fast again now that I have figured out what drivers are actually needed.
    These are the only drivers I have needed to install from the fujitsu website (all others were found by windows update):
    Chipset driver
    Memory car reader (works fine without driver, but removes a yellow exclamation mark from device driver)
    Fujitsu button device driver
    Fujitsu BIOS driver
    Anytime USB charge utility
    Fujitsu Battery Utility
    System extension utility

As this model has an SSD, I did not install the shock sensor driver or shock sensor utility.