t732 lifebook

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by arolust, Dec 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arolust

arolust Pen Pal - Newbie

I recently bought a T732 off ebay, and I have a question about one of the back cover panels, its at the top left, just beneath the battery. What is this slot for?

EDIT:
    Nvm, found the youtube videos, its a pci slot.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  2. utopian201

utopian201 Scribbler - Standard Member

I have a T734 (which is basically the same) and it can only fit WWAN cards; I asked Fujitsu if an ssd (mpcie or msata) can be installed to that slot and they said no.

3. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

@utopian201 did you actually try it? Tech support knows nothing, usually. It is an m.2 2242 b-keyed slot, meaning m.2 2242 sata ssd, or msata half-size ssd via adapter, may work. I'd definitely give it a try if I had one.

4. arolust

arolust Pen Pal - Newbie

5. utopian201

No, it wouldn't make sense to buy one to try if they said it doesn't work. If I had one for free I'd try. I don't think the slot is a sata compatible because the slot is used for the wwan slot (mpcie). I don't think a slot can be electrically compatible with both sata and mpcie.

6. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

@utopian201 b-keyed m.2 is actually all about that. I ordered a dirty cheap m.2 to SATA adapter - we'll know for sure when it arrives.

7. utopian201

8. dschad

dschad Pen Pal - Newbie

Did you get yours from playitagainpc? Which type of damage did you buy? They have a bunch of listings, some with "screen damage" and some with "case damage" and some with both. Prices differ within $10-$15, but I can't tell which gives me the best chance of getting a good machine (more expensive ones have screen damage, which sounds worse then case damage). I asked the seller about price differences/versus quality and got a completely unclear answer. To me it looks like the best machines cost less?

9. arolust

arolust Pen Pal - Newbie

This is a bit late, but if you still need to know, or if others are thinking same.

I got one that said "case damage". Mine has marks and scratches on case, but no other damage (screen much harder to fix or anything, so case damage probly best).

Rondo60 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.