T732 - external monitor question

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by dschad, Dec 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dschad

dschad Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks. I did see that it was more then just a quick pop-in for the CPU. I also noted that for the most part people don't seem to think that they give a whole lot of performance increase over an i5. Ten to 15% isn't really worth the effort to me, and I probably wouldn't even be able to tell during usage. Ram and SSD would probably be the extent of my hot-rodding.

I'm still flopping around, but now, after convincing myself that I don't care about the larger resolution, I've added the Q704 to the list. There isn't much discussion on these, beyond some fan issues which seem to have been resolved (I think), but the specs put it in between the T734 and T904. It can't handle as much RAM (8G max) and I'm not in love with the hybrid nature (in fact, I think I hate it), but it's got higher resolution and they can be had relatively cheaply.

My oh my! Just buy something already!:eek:

2. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

@dschad while single-core performance is not much better, multi-core is - thanks to two extra cores. 4200M vs 4702MQ. With 4702MQ, T734 is second fastest tablet on the market, cpu-wise - after Vaio Canvas Z with 4770HQ - not that most people need it, though. What about Thinkpad Yoga 260, by the way?

3. dschad

dschad Pen Pal - Newbie

The Yoga 260 is above my price range at around $1200-1400, best as I can figure. A more likely possibility is the Yoga S1 for $500-$600 with an i5-4200U and 4400 graphics. I think this was the 1st gen Yoga 12, but I'm not 100% on that. It is old-school Wacom (which the 14" was not). Probably a smart bet there really.

4. Starlight5

@dschad nice choice indeed, with very good and bright screen; make sure you pick up 8GB RAM version - 4GB is definitely lacking for serious productivity nowadays.

5. dschad

dschad Pen Pal - Newbie

Woops - I changed my mind again, and ended up winning a refurbished T734 on ebay. I was surprised when I won, I expected the last second bids to pop up. So now I just hope that Santa gets it here in time to surprise me for Christmas!

Starlight5 likes this.
  6. Starlight5

7. dschad

dschad Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for your help. I will let you know how I find it, but I'm sure it'll be great.

Now I have to dive into the world of drawing and design programs...