T731 Reveiw

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by Aicent, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aicent

Aicent Pen Pal - Newbie

So today I received my Fujitsu T731 with pen and dual touch AND I thought I would post a little reveiw about it, this will be updated more as I know more about the computer, please keep in mind that I am not very technologically informed and this is more of an artists review than anything.
    First of all I would like to say that my old computer was a torn and beat up 2 and a half year old Toshiba Portoge P600 , it had a relatively brighter screen, but it was more matte and lower overall quality and that's what I want to touch on first.
    The t731 is not very bright, I bought the outdoor viewing angles and all but there is still quite a bit of glare and reflective-ness when you are in real bad sun, and I am an online student win a house with a big set of windows so yeah it's a little irritating, but if you move to a darker spot in the house it's much better.
    I'll post some pics of what I mean later.
    Secondly my old keyboard was squarish, you know with those sort of beveled edges, while this one is sort of like those island keyboards were each key is rounded off, that might not be visible in an image so if anyone wants to uy this product I thought I would mention that.
    Next I will talk about the hinge.
    I'm not sure what it's made of but it is defined not cheap, it is sturdy and barley clicks if you knock at it with your knuckles XD.
    Okay so later on I will talk about the hardware that comes with this thing and the pen pressure etc.
    Bye for now- Aicent

2. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Glad you finally received it! Congratulations....

3. Aicent

Aicent Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok the computer has another problem I just noticed late last afternoon. It whirrs and clicks, for example I was doing a hair drawing, or em drawing on a layer with hair and everey time I did a stroke the whirring got louder and tehen after the pen left the screen it was reduced to a lower whir, this is a little scary for me 0.0.
    Secondly about the sensetivity.
    When I got the computer I was really lost about this but I think I figuired it out now. I went to the fujitsu webstie and under drivers I found one tited PEN for x64 win7 systems, I downloaded it and found that it is from wacom. It now opens up this and I'm pretty sure that was not there before.
    file:///C:/Users/Blane/Pictures/Pen_Settings.png
    I tried going to the wacom website and downloading a driver for tablet pcs from them but it sort of messed everything up and caused errors like "no tablet driver found" to come up, so I got rid of it and just stuck with the one from the fujitsu website.
    More to come later :D

4. Aicent

Aicent Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, I'm really happy with it !

5. Aicent

Aicent Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok so now some rather irritating problems involving audio are beginning to show up.The sad thing is , my old Toshiba had exactley these same problems in the final 10 months or so, and that makes me angry that my fujitsu is alread experiencing this ! I have to twist the earphone plug relentlessley in and out and to the side to get audio from both ear things. Anyway it does work with some other earphones but from my experience with the toshiba it generally starts that way and ends up with problems on all earphones. But we will see about that. Other than that the product still functions pretty well, I am able to run Corel Painter,Vlc,Camtasia and,Vlc Player, all at once with no lag :D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.