T50101 1900x1200 resolution

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by AFrieze, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AFrieze

AFrieze Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi All

I have a 24" dell monitor and a fujitsu t5010. I would really like to extend my desktop onto my 24" monitor but the driver only goes up to 1600x1200. I downloaded the driver straight from intel's website. I have seen people mention that they have gotten this to work. Any ideas?

I have seen that I can specify a custom resolution...I don't want to fry the machine though.

Thanks!
    Andrew

2. mmccord

mmccord Scribbler - Standard Member

Just tried this on my T5010 & 2408WFP (Windows 7 32 bit, latest driver from fujitsu's site). It went right to 1920 x 1200 on the external display.

3. AFrieze

AFrieze Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for checking,

I'm running Windows 7 64bit and just installed the drivers from fujitsu. Still 1600x1200. Would it be catastrophe to install the 32 bit drivers?

4. qhorque

qhorque Scribbler - Standard Member

You can generally use 32-bit software in a 64-bit OS but you have to make sure Windows runs it in compatibility mode. That can be a pain as you usually need to select a particular executable and set that to the right mode. Drivers are made up of more than just executables though (dlls, etc.) and may not ever work right.

According to Microsoft:

If I'm running a 64-bit version of Windows, do I need 64-bit drivers for my devices?

Yes, all hardware devices need 64-bit drivers to work on a 64-bit version of Windows. Drivers designed for 32-bit versions of Windows won't work on computers running 64-bit versions of Windows.

So, while there may be a way (and you can certainly experiment), it's going to be painful!

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  5. Deanhosh

Deanhosh Scribbler - Standard Member

I would check the monitor specs too. Not all 24" monitors go beyond 1600x1200

6. adretzios

adretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

Trying to use the T5010 to push too many pixels around is a mistake. Its GPU can hardly do this at 1600 x 1200, going higher would only overwhelm the machine.

7. AFrieze

AFrieze Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi All,

Thanks so much for all the responses.

This problem is now solved.

After hours of playing around with drivers and configurations....it turns out that the vga cable I had doesn't support over 1600x1200. I swapped it out with another one and the monitor immediately self-adjusted to 1900x1200. ;)

Thanks,
    AFrieze

8. mmccord

mmccord Scribbler - Standard Member

What are you smoking?

The 5010 has no problem with this.

9. Deanhosh

Deanhosh Scribbler - Standard Member

I agree 1920x1200 works fine. In fact on the i3 T700 I can scale Hulu or a HD video using GOM player and it plays without shutter nor flutter. Task manager shows two threads using about 23% as compated to my T4220 with one of two threads using 85-90%

10. AFrieze

AFrieze Pen Pal - Newbie

No Problems so far with 1900x1200.

I can even play starcraft 2 on my laptop screen. ;P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.