T5010 Win7 and Battery Meter

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Nav976, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nav976

Nav976 Pen Pal - Newbie

I previously had vista business installed on this machine, and have recently gone up to a clean install of Windows 7 ultimate (32 bit).

I seem to have all the components working (where needed I installed the vista drivers from the website when the win7 drivers didnt work.)

My current issue is that under vista, I had the ability to see the % battery remaining as well as the time remaining.

How can i get this feature in Win 7, currently I only see a %.

It having been in vista shows me that the motherboard is capable of it. I am guessing it is a driver issue, or maybe a setting in win7 I am unaware of? Any insight would be helpful.

2. Nav976

Nav976 Pen Pal - Newbie

The timer now shows on the battery meter. Apparently a few restarts while unplugged was all it took.

But another point came to my attention.

This machine uses the extra modular battery so under vista with two batteries it would be just over 6 hours.

currently I get about 3 and half hours.

I hear there is the fujitsu power save utility, which was installed in the original vista because it was bundled with the OS. I also believe this is why i am getting half the time i used to under vista, even though windows 7 should have better battery life over vista.

3. aretzios

aretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

This is how much I get with the same configuration. However, I have set the tablet to maximum performance and the screen to 85% of brilliance. If you go and modify the power settings, you will get over 5 hours.

4. Nav976

Nav976 Pen Pal - Newbie

Currently I get about 3.5 hours under balanced settings, and there is no difference under power saver settings. (or at least the calculated time is no different)

I am currently trying to drain the battery from a full charge, and then recharge to full after it has been drained. I am doing this because I was told this is how the battery would recalibrate itself.

Are there any other alternatives?

Does anyone have a link to download the latest version of the fujitsu power saver utility that is listed in the bundled software section?

5. adretzios

adretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

I have verified that in a lot of older laptops, the power management features work only nominally with Win7. The Win7 drivers which are generic provide a measure of control. For full control one needs to wait for the manufacturers to provide more updated drivers. For most systems older than the last 6 months, this is going to be a long wait. I do not expect Fujitsu to rework the drivers on older T5010s. You must find out if the Vista driver works. If not, you would get better power management when you get a new computer.

6. lowlife

lowlife Addicted to gadgets

Mine had the same issue. Oddly when I pulled out the modular battery because I needed to use the disk drive, the timer worked properly when I put the modular battery back in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.