T5010 temperatures

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by jlanza, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlanza

jlanza Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I'm a little bit worried with the temperatures of my T5010.

Using speed fan it says 48ºC on stand by and using the Balanced profile. Sometimes when doing something it goes up to 62ºC.

Is it normal?

TA

2. RazzNuts

RazzNuts Scribbler - Standard Member

Regardless of any software temperature reading, do you consider the heat coming from your tablet is excessive?

There are just too many factors that can influence the temp range (env temp., program running, etc), . Anyhow, because of the form factor, you should expect tablet to run a *bit* warmer than conventional notebook. In my experience my T5010 run hotter on tablet mode than in notebook mode.

And may I know what OS do you use?
    I used to had heat problem in Vista but it ad been magically gone away since I've installed 7.

FYI:
    Comparison between sw reading (HWmonitor) and my subjective temp measurement.

44-48 -> Nice, I got it when my tablet idle and there are some lightweight background processes.
    50-58 -> A bit warm, but still OK. I get this if the CPU load is above 50% or is currently fluctuating
    >60 -> too Hot! i'll get it after constant CPU (>90% load), or if i'm stupid enough to block the air vent.

you might want to hear form other users, though.

3. jlanza

jlanza Pen Pal - Newbie

it seems your temperatures are more ore less the same. Mine's are a little bit higher ... ummm I have to check it further.

Thanks for the hints

4. adretzios

adretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

62 degrees is not normal. I think that up to 51 degrees is just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.