T5010 Infos

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Grimnir, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lowlife

lowlife Addicted to gadgets

Someone else suggested the same thing you are but I have been unable to verify it. My documentation and research have only shown 4gb which I have maxed out already. As I have stated in a previous posting, my computer actually sees the full 4gb. At least is shows that 4gb is installed and I am running vista 32...

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. aretzios

aretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, the specs of the computer say that it can only support 4 GB of RAM. Yes, desktops can be loaded up with a lot more RAM but that's why they are "desktops" and have huge power supplies and bigger motherboards. In any case, if one does not need to access a humongous amount of RAM, going 64-bit makes little sense especially if Fujitsu does not provide the drivers (and if there are no drivers for attached peripherals). And there is just too little software these days engineered for a 64-bit world.

In any case, a 32-bit Vista would work fine and I believe that Windows 7 would also have a 32-bit version (and lower requirements than Vista).

3. Grimnir

Grimnir Think tank & Designer Senior Member

I don't reccomend 64 bit for the T5010 either, don't get me wrong. I was just saying that I am pretty sure that the Hardware itself can support more than 4 gb of ram. I mean its not like I am saying that the T5010 can run triple channel here lol Just if they happen to release ram sticks with more than 2gb of memory you'll be safe, as long as the software/os recognizes it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.