T5010 02FE and 02CE Errors

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by coinich, Dec 21, 2010.

1. coinich

coinich Pen Pal - Newbie

Unlike the T4420 user down below who caught it in time, my computer's been spouting these errors for a few days. Earlier today, SpeedFan registered the temp in both cores as over 200F and the ambient receptors as over 170F. This was after the computer overheated and completely shut down. The fan still runs slightly but noisily. It didn't turn on at bootup.

If I'm not mistaken, this is kind of bad. Do I really have any options at this point? Is there a way to upgrade the fan with a stronger/better one? Google's been fairly limited with all solutions.

2. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Hi coinich,

I believe that the T5010 has a user removable air filter near the heatsink fan located on the bottom of the unit. I think there may be dust lodged in there, causing heat to build up without expelling through the heat vents. You could also buy a can of compressed air and use it to blow dust (don't Rambo it!) out of the heatsink fan to clear up any obstructions of dust.

3. mmccord

mmccord Scribbler - Standard Member

Also, if it is the fan, it is much much easier to replace in a 5010 than it is in a 4220.

4. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Indeed, with the T5010 it takes less than a minute to access it and replace it compared to about 20-30 minutes of with the T4200 series. :)

5. coinich

coinich Pen Pal - Newbie

I already have access to the fan, and I blew all the dust out of the dust trap almost a week ago. The trap itself is clear, but the fan is dusty. Anyone know exactly where I could get a replacement fan, or perhaps a better fan than the stock one? Is that what I need to do?

6. mmccord

mmccord Scribbler - Standard Member

Part# is CA49008-0272
    Looks like they are about $30 on ebay.