T4410 users please help!

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by georgedavidson, May 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. georgedavidson

georgedavidson Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi there

I am about to buy a refurbished Fujitsu T4410. I have read its specs and done some research on the web. I found that it has multi-touch capability on windows 7. I want to use it with windows 8. I checked the fujitsu website and found they only have dual digitizer drivers for windows 7 - for every model of that age, T4310, T4410 and T5510. I thought the newer windows 8 drivers of T901 would do the trick but I quickly realized fujitsu had listed two drivers for the wacom screens in a T901 - the usual driver plus a firmware. This clearly means the wacom screens later used in the newer T series are different from the ones used in T4410, T4310. It's like the N-Trig screens in the Dell XT/2 and Hp tx2. They first require the firmware flashed in windows 7 and then an upgrade to windows 8, instead of a clean install, in order to enable multi-touch in windows 8.

I was hoping if anyone having a T4410 running windows 8 could help me verify if the multi-touch works and how they got it to work - the drivers they used. If anyone could upload a picture or a reference video showing this that would really help. (I also noticed it was pretty easy to check if you had multi-touch by going to Free Omnitapps Multitouch Test Application and clicking test).

2. georgedavidson

C'mon guys. Isn't there anyone who could help? T4310 users who use windows 8 can also share there experience to help. T5010 would also help because the basis would be the same even though it has a slightly large 13.1" screen than a 12" screen in the T4410 and T4310.

3. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

I haven't heard anyone using a T4-- series in the forums for some time. Maybe they are just not as vocal. You could try posting your question in Hardware too, maybe it will get more hits?

4. georgedavidson

Many thanks stoneseeker. I don't know if am asking for too much but can you ask your friends about this as well to spread the word. I am very low on budget and a sketch fan. This could be my only chance of shifting from drawing on a paper to a sophisticated tablet pc environment. And I want to make the most of it by using the machine with windows 8.

I have learnt a lot from this forum, even your T902 specs, that Wacom is the king when it comes to pen technology. And fujitsu therefore is a better choice due to the high reliability of its laptops.

I will really appreciate any support!

5. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

I'm not sure what the big hold up is..? If it's a good deal, and you know it will run your sketching programs in windows 7 (the OS it was designed for) well, then why wait? Windows 8 may add some touch functionality, but consider it a bonus if you can have it work well with touch features in a new OS it wasn't designed for. I am gonna assume it will be fine, and maybe have some driver conflicts, but nothing devastating. But regardless, for a good deal it's worth it to take the plunge. If Fujitsu is releasing windows 8 drivers for older systems thats a good sign that it will at the very least work OK... maybe not perfect, but passable. You could always dual boot the thing too if you were really worried.

6. jackrussell911

jackrussell911 Pen Pal - Newbie

hi,
    multi touch works but you have to work really hard on the drivers for other things and the camera shows upside down but multi touch works with 7 drivers I am running 8.1 64
    Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.