T4220 w/ 4 gigs

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Alpha Technogoddess, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpha Technogoddess

Alpha Technogoddess Tablet PC Noob

So, has anyone replaced both modules with new memory? I'm going to buy my memory from crucial as per recommendation ;) But I've heard alot about memory not working in both and I really want to keep my price as low as possible when purchasing my computer. So I considered buying just 512 in 1 module. The thing is, what if replacing both doesn't work? Then I'm stuck with a 512 and 2 gig stick together. So, has anyone had luck replacing them both?

Also, since they recommend 1gig for vista should I just get that instead?... I'm really wondering if I should risk it.

2. thaluckyspoon

thaluckyspoon Scribbler - Standard Member

I replaced the 2x512 sticks in my T4220 with 2x2GB sticks. Vista 32 bit will only recognize 3318 MB (3.318GB) of the 4GB but even that is more than enough. (64 bit vista will utilize all 4Gb's) I don't think I have enough programs installed to utilize all the ram.

If you are worried about compatability go to crucial.com and go to the 'memory advisor tool' and select the Fujitsu, T series, T4215 (the T4220 isn't on the list but uses the same ram as the 4215). I ordered mine and installed them about two weeks ago so I can vouch for it.

3. Alpha Technogoddess

Just what I was looking for :D Thank you so much! I'll be ordering from crucial. And getting the 2 x 512 sticks in my set-up as well. (since I need 1 gig for vista). I'm happy to see that this works out replacing both.

4. thaluckyspoon

thaluckyspoon Scribbler - Standard Member

No problem. If you have any issues installing the ram ( I doubt you will its pretty straight forward) you can just pm me I can walk you through it.

5. Alpha Technogoddess

Cool, I will if so :)

6. Alpha Technogoddess

Did you order a kit or the two sticks seperately? Crucial is currently out of stock of their 4gb kits and newegg has some nicely priced crucial 2gb sticks. I was reading info and it said it was better to buy a kit... That really isn't an option now though.

Edit: Silly me... There ARE other retailers who might be selling the kits as well... Guess I should go shop around. :D

But still, I guess it'd be nice to know which is a little better, kitted or buying seperate. It's still significantly cheaper to buy seperately

7. Smoothcrm7

Smoothcrm7 Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered a single 2 stick from fujitsu then got anotehr 2 stick from crucial using the system selector and choosing T4215 works perfectly = )

8. tabletdoc

tabletdoc Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered a 2Gb stick from crucial- however, it worked in only one of the 2 slots (left one of the factory 512mb cards in the opposite slot) so I think even this brand is not completely tolerated by the motherboard. 2.5gb is plenty though!

9. sonrisa

sonrisa Pen Pal - Newbie

Crucial has the 2x2GB kits back in stock now. I was going to order that, but it sounds as if only one stick is going to work. Has anyone successfully upgraded both sticks to Crucial on the 4220. If not I will just purchase one 2GB stick and perhaps order another from Fujitsu later.

10. Alpha Technogoddess

Thaluckyspoon has... That's why I'm given hope that if I get the kit from crucial it'll work :D So... when my computer ships we'll see... and I may as well head over to crucials site now to order that kit!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.