t4220 sxga??

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by kureshii, Jun 7, 2007.

1. BenI

BenI Pen Pal - Newbie

They dont seem to have the SXGA option on the website anymore? Whats up with this???

I want to order this tomorrow, but not if i cant get the SXGA!

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Interesting.....
    The product information does state XGA or SXGA+, yet if you then go to pick one of the five selection models none have the SXGA+ screen.

Apart from sending them an email, have you tried contating Laptop Authority.
    They were advertising here orders can be made for an SXGA+ screen but you would have to be quick due to screen shortages at the higher resolution.

3. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Administrator Super Moderator

Wow, the SXGA+ is really gone. Hopefully this is only a temporary thing.

When I ordered my T4220 on June 1, I observed that with Windows XP configurations, getting the SXGA+ screen instead of the standard XGA screen pushed the ship date from 6.4 to 6.13. For some reason getting Vista pushes the ship date back further.

4. Freeman

Freeman Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm guessing that this is a margetting issue. Considering that they still selling both T4215 and T4220, and the price difference are very minimal. If they didn't make any thing substantial to separate the products, they will end up with bunch of T4215 in the stock. This way they can get rid of the T4215 quicker. In the worse case, they could just say there are some incompatible with the current model, and they decide to pull the plug temporary. Yep, only temporary until their T4215 stock low enough to a point.

5. koss

koss Pen Pal - Newbie

You may still be able to get them through retailers such as Laptop Authority, if they have already placed order for SXGA+ If they haven't, then I'm in a big trouble x_X

6. Castolom

Castolom Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I checked all my outstanding orders with Fujitsu for T4220 with SXGA+ screen - nothing has been moved or cancelled. However, I can't place any new orders with SXGA+ screens anymore. T4215 - no problem. T4220 - not even an option. I left a message with my rep at Fujitsu and I will keep you posted.

7. Castolom

Fujitsu said that they are having an IT problem on the website and it should be fixed today. I wish they would hurry up. I have several custom-configured T4220 to order and all of them are with the SXGA+ screen.

8. Castolom

Well, I spoke too soon. I received a message from my rep cancelling the previous statement. Apparently, SXGA+ option in T4220 series was put on the website by mistake. It is not going to be available to general public. Just like it was the case with T4210 series that was release a year ago. Fujitsu is currently checking to see if they can complete our orders that we placed last month for SXGA+ units, but the outlook doesn't look good. If the answer is negative, I will have to contact all my clients who already placed the orders for these machines and ask them what they want to do. I guess, Fujitsu will have to do the same with all orders placed by end users directly at Fujitsu's website. I'll keep you posted as soon as I hear a definite yes or no. T4215, on the other hand, are still available with SXGA+ screens. I don't know how long that will last, though, given the new circumstances. We have some of them in stock (FPCM1095T and FPCM1095V part numbers - see our website.). I can still do custom-configured T4215 with SXGA+.

9. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Administrator Super Moderator

I hope I get what I ordered . . . I really don't want an XGA screen. If it comes down to that I will consider the Lenovo X61 tablet more carefully.

I called Fujitsu today and inquired about my order status - I still have a ship date of 6.15.

10. Castolom

Expect either a call or email from Fujitsu soon, Chaz. I just received notification from Fujitsu, stating that they cancelled all my orders for T4220 with SXGA+ screens. They said they put this option on Fujitsu Direct website by an error and it was discovered only today. I already sent email to all my clients notifying them about the situation and I removed all SXGA+ models from my store's website. Man, that's too bad. I had some of them with estimated ship date as early as Thursday - just two more days... Oh well, what can we do..

T4215 are still available with SXGA+ screen, though.