T4220 SXGA+ user, help needed

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by h3ndrix, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. h3ndrix

h3ndrix Pen Pal - Newbie

If you guyz can post some pictures of what the viewing angles on the T4220 SXGA+ screen is and maybe the amount of parallax, it would help me greatly in finalizing my buying decision.

Thank you.

2. Legato86

Legato86 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm a little busy to take pictures of my SXGA+ screen but I will say that my viewing angles are good enough for my purposes (note-taking, light gaming, word processing and some photoshop). I was a little weary before because I did notice that the SXGA+ did not have the wide viewing angle unlike the XGA indoor and the XGA indoor/outdoor options. I think I answered in another post that when I received my unit, I was very happy with the viewing angles. I don't need to look at the screen when it's at an odd angle.

3. TechGuy

TechGuy Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi H3ndrix

Just as Legato, I recently received my T4220 with the SVGA+ screen and I'm glad I went with it. I personally have no trouble reading text and love the extra real estate.

Unfortunately I've never used the XGA model so I can't compare them for you, but I can say I've never had an issue with viewing angle. Glare is sometimes an issue, for example, when bright lights hang directly over you while note taking. I wouldn't expect to use this screen outdoors (though at full brightness it's usable), but viewing angle is not an issue.

Sorry I can't take a pic right now.

4. h3ndrix

h3ndrix Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for the replies guyz, but I would really like for someone to post screens or even maybe links to where I can find pictures of this. As you will understand, viewing angle , although mathematically explainable, is really a personal thing:)

5. Xtian

Xtian Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm working on a comparative review of the wide-angle view screen and the SXGA+ with screen shots. I owned a 4210 with the regular indoor screen (1024x768) and I just bought the 4220 with the SXGA+ (1400x1050).

Here's a quick overview.
    For regular reading it's a very high quality screen. Black and White contrast is very well handled at high angles, the worst is when you look from the TOP (or LEFT in tablet mode). This is MOST noticeable when you use a low-contrast color (gray, etc) on WHITE background. It annoys me as I sketch a lot in Alias Sketchbook, and using the PENCIL makes it hard to see in Tablet mode at the angle I usually sketch. I'll have pictures by this weekend and a full comparison pictures of the difference between my two laptops.

6. rgonzale

rgonzale Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm looking forward to your review Xtian. BTW has anyone purchased their T4220 with SXGA+ from the fujitsu/US website? The Fujitsu website still says (in Technical Specifications) that this combination is only for "Project based and 90-day lead time". I'm wondering whether an individual can purchase the SXGA+ and whether there's a long wait. Thanks!

7. jimmyanddelight

jimmyanddelight Pen Pal - Newbie

Took 2 weeks here... Angles are great inside

8. h3ndrix

h3ndrix Pen Pal - Newbie

Thx for the replies, will be waiting for your review:)

9. bearfox

bearfox Pen Pal - Newbie

I would like to see more pictures of SXGA+ screens on a T4220 as well. Is anyone willing to shoot a photo spread?

One such SXGA+ picture is included in a review at http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=3912.

From the way that Fujitsu lists the screen options, it seems that each LCD option has a different surface treatment.

12.1" XGA active digitizer display with wide viewing angles
    12.1" XGA active digitizer indoor/outdoor display with wide viewing angles
    12.1" SXGA+ active digitizer display (Note: limited availability)

Does the SXGA+ panel lack the wider viewing angles of its lower resolution cousins?

10. Dale

Dale Pen Pal - Newbie

When I ordered mine, they told me that the SXGA+ had wide viewing angles, that it just wasn't listed like that on the web site. I can't say if that is true, however.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.