T4220 SXGA on the cheap?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by drmatt, Jul 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drmatt

drmatt Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm interested in purchasing a Fujitsu Lifebook T4220 with the SXGA display option, and want the least expensive route possible. There are some decent prices on preconfigured models, but they all have XGA. The SXGA models on shopfujitsu are upwards of $2000, and have a "TBD" build/ship date - I've heard that the high-res screens are in short supply.

Of course, this is a high quality tablet and will not be inexpensive, but my question is, how cheaply can I realistically expect to get it, and where? Coupons, refurbished models, outlet stores, and maybe even slightly used units would all be options.

Related question: would it be better to wait until the T5010 is released, in the hopes that prices of the older models will drop, or will this new model completely kill availability of the old one?

Fujitsu has never seemed to drop their prices or offer any substantial discount offers, and although sometimes units will show up on ebay, that is a rare event. So thanks in advance for any advice!

2. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

Craigslist is probably your cheapest option, or maybe the classified forum on this site.

You answered your own question about when to buy.

3. jimdab

jimdab LifeStudent

I don't have any real answers but I found mine for $1900 on ebay. As far as I know production has been limited on this compared to XGA so prices are kind of high. Unless Fujitsu starts shipping out more with SXGA+ I don't think prices are coming down any time soon.

My best advice when buying one is to make sure you get the fastest processor and internal bluetooth since you'll probably hold onto the computer for a while. Everything else is upgradable.

4. drmatt

drmatt Scribbler - Standard Member

Many thanks for your responses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.