t4220 Speed and cache choices

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by controlling, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. controlling

controlling Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm considering the t4220 and have been checking out the ordering and price options. Based on pricing, availablity, etc., I have a few configuration questions. You can probably tell that I'm not particularly computer saavy.

1) Is t7300 and 4mb cache much better than t7100 and 2mb cache? I don't use heavy applications. Mostly web browsing, powerpoint, and word, though I often have multiple windows open.
    2) What if you had to decide between a) t7300 and 4mb cache with 1gb or b) t7100 with 2mb cache and 2gb memory?
    3) Is 2gb memory pretty much necessary for the machine to perform well with Vista? or can 1gb suffice for my kind of useage?

2. everlast2504

everlast2504 Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't have a t4220, but i do have a t7300 in a new gateway.

I would deffently go for the t7300 its more chache and 200more mhz. You may not notice it now but eventually it will make a differnce. As for the RAM
    I have the dual core system monitor in my sidebar and right now i'm using 1092MB out of 2gigs. I have had the computer on for a few days. and i'm running multply apps we speak.

I would get both you will deffently notice the speed diffrence.

3. thaluckyspoon

thaluckyspoon Scribbler - Standard Member

Well personally I would get the T7300 with 1GB and save up and buy a 2GB stick or 2x1GB sticks. It isn't too expensive, maybe 80 bucks or so.

If you are strapped for cash big time and you have to choose between those two I would get the 2GB of ram, it will help a lot more than the extra cache wil.

4. gil-galad

gil-galad Pen Pal - Newbie

No matter which CPU, get only 1GB and upgrade to 2GB yourself. It's a lot cheaper buying third-party RAM than getting it preinstalled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.