T4220 ~ More Questions

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by kureshii, Oct 31, 2007.

1. kilasnpr

kilasnpr Scribbler - Standard Member

I was wondering if the optical drive could be replaced with light scribe drive?

2. incomprehensible

incomprehensible T4220 Owner

I have no idea if any of Fujitsu's drives are light scribe-compatible, and they don't make any mention.

3. kilasnpr

ok I got a question about how bad is the flex on the keyboard? on the fujitsu t4220.

4. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Please don't name a topic just on a tablets name alone.
    It gives no indication as to what the topic is about.

Topic renamed.

As to the flex; yes there is flex but I find it minor and it gives me no concerns whatsoever.

5. Rieuk

Rieuk Scribbler - Standard Member

I find there is some flex in the keyboard and it has quite a cheap feel to it. At first I was hella annoyed by this since when I type there is a big rattling noise. I've gotten used to it though.

Only problem is when you go use a decent keyboard and come back to the T42XX one, the annoyance is back.

6. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Stange.... I've tried and used several T4220's over the past months and again I've not come across the problem you mention in this severity.

Yes, it's there but I certainly wouldn't say it's bad or cheap.

..... then again... all the T4220's I use are Fujitsu Siemens models.

7. Legato86

Legato86 Pen Pal - Newbie

I am in agreement with p8rson, actually, I don't find that there is any flex to my keyboard. It's like using my other laptop keyboard so the transition was nice and smooth. No offense intended, but small things like this should not even be worried about. I understand it's personal preference, but I mean what are you going to do? There are 2 flavours of people for keyboard and they are the ones who like them and the ones who dispise them. You can't please everybody in this day and age.

8. Benjamin Chin

Benjamin Chin Pen Pal - Newbie

The fact is, there will be this or that problem with every make and model of notebook, including my ThinkPad T61 (and MSI VR320).

The apt treatment is to consider user's need against specs, price, and overall built quality.

There is no such thing as an all-perfect notebook. If there is, other makers will have to close shop.

There are more important issues in life. Let's move on.

9. kilasnpr

well srry for repost of question. But thanks for the help I will hope to get my laptop on thursday or so.

10. Rieuk

Rieuk Scribbler - Standard Member

Maybe it's a small thing for you, but it's a big thing for me. This keyboard (T4215 Fujitsu) feels under par. If I had a more solid feeling keyboard my typing would be much more fluid than it is on this. It's a factor that affects the satisfaction of using the tablet. I rate a laptop based on how much I enjoy using it and frankly, this keyboard detracts from that.

P8RSON, is there much of a difference b/w Fujistu and Fujitsu Siemens products? I can only see "Fujitsu" on mine (lid and 'My computer' properties).