t4220 case interchange question

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by lambert, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lambert

lambert Pen Pal - Newbie

so i picked up a few computers on ebay and i have a question for u guys i have a t4220 that is beat to no end but functions great, and i also have a t4210 that is in mint condition i would like to swap the cases and displays (so i can upgrade to a 45nm core 2) i know that these computers are nearly identical except for the motherboards i believe i just need to know from u guys(if someone knows that is) is this is possible ?
    thanks guys
    by the way i am new to Fujitsu but man these computers feel like there rock solid machines i like i like..

2. lambert

lambert Pen Pal - Newbie

another question that i have is if there is anything that is going to stop me from upgrading to a centrino 6200 wifi card

i did look up pictures on the 2 motherboard on the internet and the layout and plugs on the computer seem to be identical i also have a t8300 45nm core 2 duo coming so i guess i am going to try and see if the system board will fit in the t4210 case boy i hope so ..............lol

3. lambert

lambert Pen Pal - Newbie

i worked just in case it helps anyone the cases are 100% the same i now have a t4210 body and screen with t4220 motherboard and a 45nm t8300

4. mmccord

mmccord Scribbler - Standard Member

I know it seems like you are talking to yourself in here, so thanks for the followup. :)

5. lambert

lambert Pen Pal - Newbie

i forgot to mention that i also had to change the part that has the pc card setup and sound jacks but they bolt in the same location its just a matter of having the pieces .. any way in case it interests anyone hears a break down of my t4220 project and my costs in case one would like to upgrade there cpu/ do something like this

mint t4210(missing battery,charger,hd&cradle,pen)=
    58 shipped eBay auction

beat t 4220 beat....but had working battery's and all needed parts =
    68 shipped ebay

oem charger ebay =
    8 dollars

t8300 =
    35 dollars ebay / i would have liked a t9300 but not for 75dollars

2gb ram=
    ebay 12 dollars

pen 23 =
    dollars ebay

intel 80gb g2 from my "old" (it was alot newer but i wanted to make the tablet jump) = free
    = 204 dollars shipped

so in the end i have my t4220 with 2.4ghz 45nm core 2 duo 3gb ram with a ssd its not to far off in real world task from my old computer which was a dell e6410 i5 520 2.4 they feel pretty close. but i really believe that for today's day to day tasks its all about the ssd's i get about 3 hours out the batterys but i am going to be doing something about that sometime hear it took about 3 - 4 hours to switch the motherboards but it was not to bad and
    for a about 200 dollars with a working parts machine i am happy as can be
    :)

6. hello.world

hello.world Pen Pal - Newbie