T4220 and ATI or nVidia

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by tebutts, Dec 4, 2007.

1. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Heh sorry about that, I meant the T4220 in my previous reply. Fixed. :eek:

And the T4225 passing the FCC, I haven't heard any news about it - Fujitsu is usually semi-secretive about the release dates for their Tablet PC lines. (E.g.: One signed an NDA to know about future products) I'm not in the "loop" to know when the T4225 will come or what it comes with. My guess is that it will be similar to the T4220 but with the new Montevina platform/Penryn processors.

2. JuneBelle

JuneBelle Pen Pal - Newbie

Heh. I knew what you meant. :D

You lost me at Montevina. :D I'm guessing that's good. Oh well, the T4220 sounds like it's going to be great. I'm really happy so far with what I've decided on.

I just wish I could use the Cintiq 21UX 6D Art Pen with it.
    *drool*
    Do you have any idea how much this pen would help in the creation of art on computers?! *salivate* :p Okay, now I need to go clean my keyboard. :D Ha!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Judging by past trends (T4210/T4215/T4220), I'm guessing T4225 will be Penryn+SantaRosa, T4230 will be Penryn+Montevina.

Just so we don't lose anyone there, Penryn is the new processor that will supercede Merom (Core 2 Duo). Montevina is the new chipset that will replace Santa Rosa, which is the chipset in use by current top-of-the-line tablet PCs (and notebooks of course), like the T4220 and X61. Penryn has already been released to manufacturers but is not out on the retail market yet (I think), while Montevina is still in the works but is slated for Q2 2008.

4. bearfox

bearfox Pen Pal - Newbie

Any word on whether the graphics chip on Montevina will actually move pixels at a decent rate? Or maybe even include dedicated video RAM?

5. tebutts

tebutts Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone know if a discrete video card will be available on Montevina Tablets? I use a 3D CT scan software on my 2 year old Gateway which has a Radeon card. I tried it on a new Fujitsu t4220, but it was doing all sorts of funny clipping and the software tech support told me I need an nVidia or ATI card and not the embedded Intel 3100. The Intel is supposedly Open GL, but not compatible with Direct 3D, but I am supposed to be able to use either one. Any thoughts?