T4220 and ATI or nVidia

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by tebutts, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JuneBelle

JuneBelle Pen Pal - Newbie

Great! Thanks! Yeah, I'll do that. Thank you!

Now on to accessories.
    I'm going to get the felt Wacom tips. What else?
    Do I really need a fan? Does it really get that hot?
    Does the included screen protector alter the colors even slightly. I hear that this cover will increase the feeling of paper when I'm writing.

2. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

I think that's about it, in the case of wear, you might need to buy a couple of sets. If you, or anyone else using the system, puts a lot of pressure on the felt tip, it will wear faster.

Depends on usage, usually those going for the fastest processor report that it's overheating; sometimes even the base configuration option may have the same effect. Some solutions are to use NHC (linked in my signature), SpeedFan, etc to slightly underclock the processor. Usually laptops will get hot when on AC power; for battery power it differs - if the processor is steaming full ahead at its full clock speed, more heat will be expelled but battery life will decrease faster. There are options that one can set to set it to Max Performance, Max Battery, etc in the Power Options.

If it comes to a point where the above does not solve the problem, then should the purchase of a laptop cooler come into place.

Haven't used a screen protector, so I'm unable to comment on this. Just keep in mind that the included (2) screen protectors are not pre-installed, they are to be user-installed.

3. JuneBelle

Do any of these give me increased pressure sensitivity detection?
    http://www.wacom.com/tabletpc/accessories.cfm
    I hear the included Wacom digitizer has a little over 200 levels of pressure sensitivity.

Okay, then I'll just skip that until I see how much heat is expelled.

Okay.
    Yeah, I heard that. I'm sure I can install that myself. It's only an adhesive.

4. SimsHsia

All pens listed there are still bounded by the 256 levels of pressure sensitivity the Tablet PC and its digitizer uses; however the Executive Cross Pen is quite a nice pen to use! :D I've heard that Wacom might have released digitizers with 512 levels of pressure sensitivity during the summer, and if they are present with currently manufactured Tablet PCs, then it appears they are still bounded with the 256 levels and if (and when) Wacom releases a digitizer firmware upgrade will there be a possibility of 512 levels of pressure sensitivity. When that will be is anyone's guess.

5. JuneBelle

Oh. Oh well, 256 is still a lot of pressure sensitivity.
    The Executive Cross Pen looks a little fat fore me; but I'm not sure. From the base of my palm to the tip of my finger is about 6". And my hand span from thumb to pinky with the fingers spread apart is a little over 6 and 1/4 inches.
    Would a thick pen like that be comfortable to me?

I heard that the new Mac Tablet has 512 levels.

Really? Can firmware be downloaded and installed?

6. SimsHsia

I'm uncertain, but it's possible. Unless if the firmware is already loaded, but the driver itself only supports 256 levels of pressure sensitivity. However, how and when the driver/firmware will be available for download and installation is unknown at this time.

I'm sure the standard stylus pen that Fujitsu provides should do most users just fine, however, if you find that the standard stylus pen is "too cheap" to write with, then the Cross Executive stylus pen is a nice alternative, although it is a little bit thicker than the stylus pen that comes with the T4220.

7. JuneBelle

Yes, I was just wondering if I would be able to upgrade just by downloading it or if I would have to by a piece to put into my laptop or if it's impossible, period. :D

From what I've seen of the pictures, it looks just fine. I'm very happy that it will come with some pressure sensitivity. I was just wondering if one of those other pens would increase the levels or if it was something in the computer.

One more question, do you think that I should wait until the T4225?

Of course, there is the problem that I have to get it before Christmas as my dad is coming in at that time....

8. SimsHsia

Since it is unknown on when the Fujitsu LifeBook T4225 will be released (it could be released next month, or somewhere in the first half of 2008), your best bets are to go with a manufactured product that is currently available. Just remember: if you're customizing the T4220, it may take up to two weeks to build and ship to your doorstep (maybe up to two and a half weeks then); plan accordingly, since it's down to just about a month until Christmas. If you order a pre-configured model (the five pre-configured models listed here), depending on stock, it will ship next day, and probably be at your doorstep in about a week.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  9. JuneBelle

Okay. Thanks.

Do you know if the T4225 has even hit the FCC yet?

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  10. Concentrate

Concentrate Scribbler - Standard Member

My T2010 came with vista and XP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.