T4215

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Kas, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kas

Kas Pen Pal - Newbie

Im looking at buying an almost new T4515 for $2000. Its been used for 1-2 weeks and should be in perfect condition. I was just wondering how the quality of the Fujitsu tablets are. Iv owned an Acer before and was less than impressed. I was considering getting a Lenovo, but if I can save the $200-300, Im all for it.

Also, how will it compare to my current laptop:
    Core Duo 2500
    2GB Ram
    100GB ATA HD 5400rpm
    Vista Ultimate
    Intel GMA 950+

The tablet will have:
    Core 2 Duo 5600
    1GB Ram
    80GB SATA HD 5400rpm
    Vista Business
    Graphics unknown, does anyone know what it has?

I only use my laptop for running my business (printing and shipping), doing excel spreadsheets (wide and long), and keeping my school notes organized. I also like to play the occasional game of FlightSim 2007 which works fine at the lowest settings on my laptop. Will the tablet be able to keep up? Is the price (Canada here) about right?

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I wouldn't worry in the slightest about the quality of the T4215.

It is from a proven and reliable chassis, very popular with members here.

Fujitsu & Fujitsu Siemens manufacture excellent Tablets.
    They have been in the business for quite some time and have built upon their excellence in Customer Service & Technical Support.

Their machines are manufactured using Grade A component parts, which although are more expensive, are though more reliable.

3. watson10

watson10 Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't own a tablet PC but have been researching the Fujitsu models for some time. The 4215 will be a great machine if it has what you need (speed, power, touchpad, etc...) But I think you could do better on the price, assuming you are talking US dollars.

you can look at:

www.newegg.com

www.laptopauthority.com

They have the 4220 (same machine but with the new Santa Rosa chipset) in stock for less that what you are going to pay for the 4215.

Cheers.

4. Kas

Kas Pen Pal - Newbie

Thats the thing, Im up in Canada.

I managed to get the price down to $1800CAN final. I did get another offer for the 25, but the person is in the US, and after all taxes and duties, it works out to ~$1650, but I will need to buy a larger hard disk for it, making the total $1750.
    I found the 20 locally at $1900, but there's 14% sales tax on that, making it $2166.

5. koz

koz Pen Pal - Newbie

Or you might want to take a look at the Fujitsu Ebay store. I picked up a refurbished T4215 2 days ago for $953US. Its got the T5600 1.8ghz processor, WinXP Tablet edition, 1gb mem, indoor/outdoor display, 80gb HDD, wifi & bluetooth, & a DVD writer. They've got a few on there right now.

Just do a search for Fujitsu Lifebook T4215 in Ebay and you'll see a bunch of their listings. Well worth it if you want to save a few $$.

6. gil-galad

gil-galad Pen Pal - Newbie

The Fujitsu Ebay store ships only to the US.

7. Kas

Kas Pen Pal - Newbie

$1000 laptop from the US, works out to at least $1250, plus its a referb with the 90 day warranty.

In any case I picked up my notebook for $1800CAN = $1700USD for a new notebook. The only thing is that its missing the screen protectors and pen tip replacement kit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.