T4215 won't turn on - emergency!

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Rieuk, Mar 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rieuk

Rieuk Scribbler - Standard Member

I was working on my T4215 at home and had taken out the battery to prevent wear as it was a hot day. I wanted to move the tablet, so I put it into standby mode and subsequently removed the power source forgetting that there was no battery to sustain the data in the RAM.

Surprisingly, power was still available from the tablet, as was evidenced by the mouse light that was still on. Anyhow, it seemed this unknown power source was in short supply and the tablet soon shut off. I later realised my mistake, reconnected it to mains, but lo and behold, despite my best efforts, the TABLET DOES NOT TURN ON WHEN THE 'ON' BUTTON IS DEPRESSED.

Putting in the battery does nothing. What to do???

Please help...

2. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Hi Rieuk,

Could you leave the battery in your T4215 and wait for several minutes. The power the was still provided was from transistors that still have power left in them, I believe that if you were to leave the battery in it will slowly provide power back to those transistors to, in a way, jumpstart the tablet to powering up normally. In fact, try reconnecting it with AC power for several minutes, then unplug it and let it sit for a while then try powering the tablet on again.

I remember a co-worker of mine disconnected his battery as well while it was on (not standby), it didn't power back on immediately. So, he just left the battery in and AC power connected for several minutes, then powered it back on.

3. Rieuk

Rieuk Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for the immediate response, SimsHsia. Are you in emergency services or something? :p

Anyhow the problem is gone :D I read in the manual that the suspend/resume button is disabled in standby mode so it got locked in that. I just had to reset it by pressing and holding the power on button. Phew! Time to start backing up...lol...better late than never.

You're probably right about the transistors. At first I thought there was mini battery in there, but the power doesn't last for more than a couple of minutes.

4. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

No, not in emergency services, just up late over here -- I'm bound to sleep at some point, enjoying SNL (Saturday Night Live) on the TV while still managing to stay awake. :)

And glad you got the problem resolved, and I guess I missed that part of the manual to hold down the power button to reset it and power on as normal. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.