T4215 problem: screen shuts off completely

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Rieuk, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rieuk

Rieuk Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi there,
    I think I've seen this problem mentioned elsewhere but couldn't find it.
    My screen, when it goes into standby (i.e. turns off, where the tablet is still on) doesn't come back on. At all. I haven't been bothered about too much since it hasn't lost me any work until NOW. I lost an entire job application which I was working on for ages because the screen wouldn't come on again.
    Only option was a cold reboot.

Anyone know what's going on here?

2. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That used to happen to me on the T4210. Putting the system into standby (my power button does that), then bringing it back resolves it. It seems if I set my screen to go into screensaver before it powers off, this doesn't happen. Not sure if it works for all though.

3. herecomesthcold

herecomesthcold Pen Pal - Newbie

I am sorry to hear about your inconvenience. where did you purchase your t4215? I haven't heard of this for the t4215, but the same thing happened to my roommates Laptop which was an HP. he had his laptop for over a year, and for a big majority of the laptops life, usually never turned it off (mostly put it on standby). Which was probably the reason why... ...His screen eventually died when I was using it. so the solution he used was to plug his laptop in(to) an external monitor and it worked fine. He finally recently got his laptop repaired at best buy (i believe). I hope I helped in any way. I am patiently waiting for my t4215.............

4. Rieuk

Thanks for the replies.
    I really should have thought of putting into standby then bringing it back....dayum. Thanks for that, Kureshii.
    My problem isn't really an issue with the screen (although I do have issues with the quality of it) but it's more to do with the power management system I guess.

5. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You need the Microsoft patch 923232.
    See here for the Microsoft information and here for the patch direct from The Hotfix Share web site.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. Rieuk

Cheers a bunch, P8RSON. Always good for everything.

7. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

No problem... Glad to have helped. :)

8. MichaelH99

MichaelH99 Pen Pal - Newbie

Rieuk, is the computer running when this happens? IE, can you see the drive light going on and off to indicate that programs are still running?

I've found that this happens to my 4215 if I'm using a 3D screen saver or if I've upgraded my video driver to what's available on the Intel site.

So far, going back to a blank screen saver or downgrading the vid driver to what's on the Fujitsu site has always fixed the problem.

If you can put the machine back into standby I'm not certain that hotfix will help you as it says the machine "stops responding". Windows would have to be running for standby to keep working.

9. Rieuk

Yeah the machine is still on...as for the hard-drive...I'm not sure. The hotfix P8RSON recommended fixed the problem. When the problem happened though, I did remember hearing the hard-drive stopping (the same sound when I turn the laptop off).

10. atlanticus

atlanticus Noobie

This works for me too, as the issue came back when I installed the newer Intel driver, even when I have all the Microsoft patches already installed.

But in the end, I followed MichaelH99's idea to go back to the previous driver to resolve this issue. :)