T4210 w/ 02FE/02FC fan error - diagnosis?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by numbah, Apr 5, 2010.

1. jordanew

jordanew Pen Pal - Newbie

I followed SimsHsia's + RocketScientist's instructions, replaced the fan, replaced the thermal grease while I was in there, and put everything back together. Results were not quite as expected, however:

1. Although my CPU is much cooler than the 95+ °C is was running at before, it's still at around 70° C, without any particularly high processor load. Is this normal?
    2. The crack which I showed before, turns out not to be above the fan at all. So, I'm not sure why this is the third fan I've had to put in in 3.5 years

Happy Holidays everyone!

2. mmccord

mmccord Scribbler - Standard Member

The crack is a design flaw. That is the weakest part of the T42XX/T40XX series case. I have literally dozens with cracks in that same spot.

The fan is just a poor quality part. I am more surprised these days to see a 4010 with no crack and a working fan than vice versa.

3. numbah

numbah Pen Pal - Newbie

Oops.. I missed the party, eh? Glad you got the fan installed!

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure at what temp my CPU is running. I expect it's high, though, since the fan vent is always so damn hot. I agree that heat output and the fan are huge weaknesses with the T-4xxx series tablets.

4. jordanew

jordanew Pen Pal - Newbie