T4210--Thickness

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by mynameisbob, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mynameisbob

mynameisbob Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered my t4210 and was about to buy a sleeve for it, but on the fuji website, the thickness numbers read 1.1"/1.4"... Slash? Is that like one for closed and one for slate mode? Or is it the hard drive size that affects it? Any t4210 owners who could bust out a ruler and help me out would be greatly appreciated.

2. rob1116

rob1116 Scribbler - Standard Member

My T4210 measures about 1 9/16" (1.56") , both in closed and slate mode (i.e. it doesn't change the height at all). Which sleeve are you considering? I was looking the 'Dr. Mo' because it can be loaded vertically (great for backpack loading). It fits the Dell 1210, so I think the T4210 will fit.

OT: People should not be allowed to used decimals to denote imperial measurements such as inches! lol... just give it up already and go metric!

3. Widget

Widget Pen Pal - Newbie

Although I have been educated in the metric system in Canada, including using Metric for many of my assignments and projects in mechanical engineering, I still resort to imperial when I have the choice for design projects.

It's just so much more convenient (and something that I'm used to) for dimensioning objects in my head, choosing bolt/screw sizes, and for tolerancing.

4. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Which was something we in the UK used to use since the dinosaur became extinct.
    But with Brussels and the European Market taking over every bloody thing over here, we now are not allowed to use the imperial system.

A couple of years ago a greengrocer was fined because he was using imperial weighing scales.
    When he refused to stop using them because his customers (old ladies couldn't understand metric) he was then later imprisoned for 2 weeks.....

Such is the stupidity of Brussels...
    As such, in the UK a mention of someone who would rather use imperial rather than metric brings on thoughts of David standing up to Goliath.

Don't get me onto the subject of Fahrenheit v Centigrade either.....

Okay..... I'm back on topic :D

5. PYROTAK

PYROTAK Scribbler - Standard Member

IMPERIAL FOR LIFE!

i can't visualize metrics...nor do i want to!

although i use them everyday for sciencey/engineering related things....but usually only for small measurements (read: mm, um, nm....that kind of thing....)

6. rob1116

rob1116 Scribbler - Standard Member

bottom line: Anyone can be taught how to convert to and from all metric units of any type of measurement (i.e. volume, distance, pressure) in a few minutes. Try telling someone to remember hundreds of arbitrary conversion factors like 12" in a foot, 5 280 feet in a mile, 20 ounces in a pint, 8 pints in a gallon, 16 ounces in a pound... lol, why not numbers and words that tell you something?

I'm so glad the Canadian government put an (officially anyway) end to this debate up here :)

anywho, Bob: Have you bought a sleeve yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.