T4210 Screen Protector ideas?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by bgstewar, Jul 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onesaint

onesaint Pen Pal - Newbie

solsavr, Does the writing feel the same on the WS as the fuji? ive got the Fujitsu protector on now, but am not happy with the feel of the pen on the screen with the protector. I like the Smooth as glass feeling.

2. solsavr

solsavr Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey onesaint...Yes the WS are perfect IMHO...BUT what you are experiencing (I believe) is the "blue" writing experience :D It feels slow, and kind-of drags, right? It also leaves marks on the screen protector...right?

If you answered yes...it is because you have not removed the "blue" protector...of the clear protector;)

Like I said before...I did the same thing! With the blue removed, and the protector correctly installed, the Fujitsu one is not too bad...but for me, it "glares" too much, that's why I like the WS; they do not...and the writing feel is better, IMHO.

The WS are expensive, BUT I have NEVER had to replace one of them an any of the devices I have them installed. My Samsung i730 has had it on for about 1.5 years, with heavy use, and not one mark! I love-em:eek:

John

3. naish01

naish01 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just as an addition, several time above there was the question if there was no screen protector included with the t4210. I can mention that i received my t4210 yesterday here in Switzerland and there was no screen protector included.

so i've gotta look for one myself.

Pascal

4. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

May I ask you naish01, was your T4210 supplied by Fujitsu Siemens?

The European version of the T4210 is supplied by FSC and does not come with amongst the other items supplied by Fujitsu any screen protectors.

Just to also add here, nor do you receive MS OneNote, nor the hard drive shock protection program, printed manual and a few other items.

What you do get though is the proper Windows TabletPC disk.

5. bgstewar

bgstewar Pen Pal - Newbie

I bit the bullet and shelled out the $80 for the 3M Vikuiti screen protectors, and let me say...TOTALLY WORTH IT!! They are SO much clearer than the stock generic Fujitsu ones, and there is absolutely NO chance of getting any dust particles trapped underneath the protector. They are much thinner, so writing on it is like writing on the screen itself. It's smoother than the stock Fujitsu, so for those of you who really like a rough surface to write on may not like these. It's like a pen on paper feel, and I personally love it for note taking. I can write a lot faster, the screen is much more responsive (I was getting lag and dead spots with the stock one, but the 3Ms are perfect) and just a whole heck of a lot brighter.

2 downsides:
    1 - price is quite steep, and 3M recommends they be replaced every 3 months
    2 - fingerprints show up much more easily on 3M than on the stock Fujitsu, so I'm wiping the screen a lot more frequently with my microfiber cloth than I used to

As far as glare, the anti-glare technology is quite good - I've had no problems thus far. Everyone has their own preferences, but I think these 3Ms are much better than the stock Fujitsus. And they stick on via static cling, so no air bubbles, no sticky residue left behind. Application took me about 3 minutes, and it looked superb. Having tried these, I won't go back now, but to each his own...

6. P8RSON

bgstewar,
    I know you have mentioned the purchase here but do you think you could do a review on this particular protector.
    I'm sure the guys would appreciate it and it would be easily available for later reading.
    If you do, simply submit it to Barry :)

For further material reading please see this thread.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. P8RSON

Bumping the topic....
    Of the 3M and Writeshields purchased, where exactly did you guys purchase from... Links if possible please. :)

It would be nice to build up a list of stockists.

8. Carter

Carter T4210 user

Hi, I am thinking about getting a 3M screen protector, but there are two variants:

one "normal" protector and one with visibility protection (twice as expensive), so that people next to me cannot see what is on my screen (but I have heard it slightly makes your screen darker...).

Which one should I choose?

Or maybe you can combine them???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.