T4210 Screen Protector ideas?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by bgstewar, Jul 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgstewar

bgstewar Pen Pal - Newbie

I know this has been discussed before, but I'm having difficulty finding ANY screen protector for the T4210. They just don't exist...I've checked BStrong Engineering, WriteShield, NuShield, and the Invisible Shield, and looks like they'd all be custom orders. I called Fujitsu, and they recommend the 3M Vikuiti...but they're $80 and I haven't heard anything about them. I've contacted all these shield companies and they keep asking me for the EXACT dimensions of the screen, and since the tablet hasn't come yet (Newegg says Monday - yay!!) I don't know the exact screen dimensions. I've tried looking at Fujitsu's site but still can't find it. Anyway...any ideas which screen protector works best, and how to get one for the 4210?

2. KoMarik

KoMarik Pen Pal - Newbie

Doesn't T4210 come with two screen protectors? Also, Fujitsu lists 6-pack of their own brand protectors (presumably, the same as come with the tablet) for $39. 3M Vikuiti is a 5-pack for $79 - a bit too pricey for my taste.

-M-

3. blblblbl

blblblbl Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm using the 3M one, it's totally worth it.

Using package's screen protector is like putting a plastic bag on top of the screen (for me), and dust will eventually get trap beneath it.

4. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

For the benefit of any other readers, do you have a link to where you purchased your protectors guys?

5. PYROTAK

PYROTAK Scribbler - Standard Member

Anyone use the 3m screen protector? Is it really worth 70 bucks for a 5 pack? Seems SUPER expensive for a screen protector to me.

Whats so special about it and how effective is its super special qualities?

6. blblblbl

I personally think that laptops are all about the visual quality, so I used my RAM money to buy the 3M ones and have no regrets. 3M is worth it eventhough it's a rip off because I'm only using 1/5 in the package lol.

Anyways, when I recieved my tablet, I used it for a day and watch a DVD movie (was careful not to scratch it), then I applied the Fujitsu screen protector and did the same thing. It was like putting a plastic bag on the screen. My eyes bleed and I went ahead to get the 3M one. You could try the same thing.

I have the indoor-only screen, and the 3M film doesn't do anything to sunlight glare; however the 3M film does not degrade the visual quality at all.

7. P8RSON

Interesting.....
    On a scale blblblbl, how would you then rate the protectors supplied by Fujitsu against the ones purchased from 3M.

Is their anything else you would like to share...

The reason being I'm going to write an article later on Screen Protectors and would appreciate as much feedback from any individual :)

8. PYROTAK

PYROTAK Scribbler - Standard Member

um i thought that the tablet came with a screen protector preinstalled?

9. blblblbl

I think the 4020 has a layer of coating on top of the screen, but I don't think that's meant to be taken off. So i'll treat it as part of the screen. I've used the 3M one for weeks now, so I can't do an apple-to-apple comparison. So vaguely:

I have a Sony XBrite screen, and an matte-finished iBook screen (both of them are one-year-old model). If I gave a 4 to iBook screen and a 10 to the XBrite screen, I would give the original 4020 an 8.

Now with Fujitsu's protector on, it is a bit less than a 4; with 3M, i would give it somewhere between 7-8.

anyways, these are all very subjective, and I've only looked at 3M and Fujitsu so maybe there're some better (and less expansive) protectors out there.

10. P8RSON

Thank you blblblbl,
    Finally, in using the T4020 with the protector, have you noticed if it reduces the 'angle-of-view' and do you experience any differences with reflected light, be it internally ~ a lamp shade reflection, or externally ~ behind the scene reflections. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.