T4210 or T4020D?

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by caeci11ius, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloud_171

cloud_171 Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah I've been keeping an eye on the fujitsu tablets for a while and I was just wondering is the performance gain from core duo really worth half the battery life? So far I have read that the T4020 gets up to 4 hours and the T4210 gets up to 2. I am going to end up using the tablet for notes and web surfing so I don't think I really need too much cpu power. Is there any other significant changes besides the processor and that pivot thing?

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Where exactly have you read that the T4210 only gets up to 2hrs battery time!!!

There have been many here who have reported they have achieved more than 4.
    I myself achieve excellent battery times with both the main and the modular bay battery running together.

3. bgstewar

bgstewar Pen Pal - Newbie

ummm...yeah...I can say with certainty that my 4210 gets more battery life (about 4 hours, depending on what's running) than the 4020, since my study buddy has one and she always has to plug hers in before mine :) With all its new features (core duo, bidirectional swivel screen, fingerprint sensor) it's just not worth the $100 savings to get the 4020. Go for the 4210 for sure! I love it!

4. caeci11ius

caeci11ius Moderator Moderator

I can definately say I love my 4210 and get about 3.5 hours battery with wireless on or 5+ hours without...

If you're considering getting the 4020 and are hence willing to go with the previous generation of technology, i'd also think about the IBM X41...it's lighter and has fantastic battery life...by all accounts its a great machine and there are some really good deals on them at the moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.