T4210 Cooling Pad

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by ShadowBlaze, Aug 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowBlaze

ShadowBlaze Scribbler - Standard Member

As any T4210 user would know, the laptop warms up quite a bit when used. So I was thinking about purchasing a cooling pad to keep it cool, and at the same time, use it as a placeholder I can leave in my dorm and place my laptop on whenever im in my dorm. Do any of you T4210 users out there recommend a product? I also read in another thread that certain cooling pads can divert the hot air back into tablet pc's vents. It'd be great if you guys and provide me with a reliable product, preferably one that can be plugged into a socket as power source as I dont want to place too much strain on the USB ports for power.

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hi ShadowBlaze,
    You are so correct in not using a USB powered tray, they do exactly as you say, the fans rather than blow cool air in fact restrict the cold air from entering.

Further, because they use USB power they in turn eat away at precious battery power but worse because they are powered they do in fact make the processor work which in turn ends up generating more heat.
    In other words they are the adverse to what should be used.

As to what is deemed the best....
    Well I have been a staunch user of a brand from 'Rain Design'.
    Rain Design manufacture what I believe to be the very best laptop tray that also is exceptionally comfy, convientient and because of it's metal properties, helps dissipate heat ~ end result a happier user and a happier laptop/tablet.

The name of this tray is called the 'iLap' and can be found here.
    They also come in varying sizes to accommodate the correct size laptop/tablet.

I have two, one a small one for my P1510 & P7010 and another slightly larger for the T4210

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. ShadowBlaze

i see. but is ilap enough to cool the laptop? if cooling peds with fans work better, i might just look for one that uses a power adapter instead of absorbing energy from the USB. But while we're on the topic, what size ilap do you get for the T4210? I will most likely leave the pad in my dorm.

4. P8RSON

It doesn't directly cool it but what it does do is help shift the heat that builds up.
    It works perfectly and you feel absolutely no heat whatsoever.

As to the size,the 14" was the size I choose and f its perfectly,

Again I will stress, fan based stands have an adverse effect.

5. rob1116

rob1116 Scribbler - Standard Member

Wow... I really like that iLap.

Hey P8RSON - how's about some pics of it in action with your T4210? I'm seriously considering buying one now. One question: the two pictures on the home site (lap work and desk work) are of the same model right? The foam pad on the front is just removed right?

Assuming this is correct, is the stand useable on a desktop with the front foam on (or do you have to take it on and off all the time)? Also, does it work on your lap in portrait mode?

6. P8RSON

Hi Rob,
    Yes the front pad foam does come off very easily (held on by velcro).
    With it off on a desktop it gives the tablet a decent angle for typing.

On your lap with it on it's exceptionally comfy and I do mean exceptionally.
    Plus absolutely no heat passes to you and the tablet does cool down so much better.

As to can you leave it on for both lap & desktop... Most certainly..
    Sometimes, depending on the height I am sitting at I do leave mine on.

Finally does it work in portrait mode....It can if you balance each pad on each leg but obviously it's not designed for that.

7. rob1116

rob1116 Scribbler - Standard Member

Okay, thanks P8RSON... any chance we can get a pic of a 4210 on the iLap?

8. P8RSON

Bugger......
    I've just sent some pics to okashira... Packed up the camera and am now back at the barn for the next two days....
    If you send me a P.M. with your email address I'll see if I can get my wife to take a couple of shots and send them off to you Rob.:)

9. ShadowBlaze

Took your advice P8RSON, ordered the iLap today. I should get it tuesday or wednesday right before i go off to college. I'll let you guys know what I think when I get it. =]

10. P8RSON

Honest... you'll be mightily impressed when you take it out of it's box.

Make sure you attache the 4 clear sticky pads... They do make a ton of difference in holding the tablet secure AND they give that extra little bit more height for circulation.

Looking forward to hearing what you think of it Shadow :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.