T4010 and ST5020/22 first memory slot location

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Brian, Jul 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tabletcan

tabletcan Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello everybody,

I'm interested in these two models, I haven't decided yet. Whatever model I choose, I will upgrade its memory. Some online retailers offer this models with 512K RAM(2x256). They offer 512K RAM (1x512 as an upgrade from 512K RAM(2x256), for $40 aprox. I get a better deal if I buy memory sticks from Crucial.

I think in most of the convertible models, like the T4010, the first memory slot is not user accessible, it is under the keyboard, based on what I have read. I don't know how it is in the slate models, like the ST5020/22.

I would like to know if the first memory slot of these models are user accessible, like the second memory slot. Is the first memory slot located in the same compartment as the second one?

Thanks for your help.

2. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I don't know and don't have time to check the manual right now, but even if it's under the keyboard on the 4010, it's really not a big deal to get to it. Fujitsu did that on the old P5020 notebook I had, and it was three screws and some patience to get to the first slot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.