T4010 after a few days-

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by robbyv, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kk6265

kk6265 Pen Pal - Newbie

I guess those marketeers had me going for the faster, brighter, but not necessarily better computer. Battery life is one of the most important considerations, especially in a tablet, and is often neglected in one's consideration. Thanks for pointing this out. Also, the conventional wisdom seems to point to the Atheros over the Intel wireless (even though I don't have any 802.11a networks, nor have any plans to use any), is that right?

2. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yes, the Atheros card is more reliable and easier to work with. It also supports Super G which the intel card does not.

3. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Intel and the industry in general have always historically pushed the notion that we all need FASTER processors and MORE RAM! Now that a processor bottleneck has finally formed, the industry is finding other ways to push new hardware (like the 7200RPM drives and PCIe chipsets from Intel). I agree that it is so easy to get caught up in the hype. With all this speed and power consumption, soon battery life will be 30 minutes if we're lucky LOL!

4. robbyv

robbyv Pen Pal - Newbie

I believe the reason why Tablet screens are generally more grainy than regular notebooks is they have a film layer to provide glare reduction and a rougher surface for writing on (compared to glass, that is).

Some T4010 users have been brave enough to remove this film (not me!) and replace it with the screen protector of their choice. I think the 3M Vikuiti has been the replacement of choice for some, which they say improves on the built in film.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.