T4000?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Brian, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alshoh01

alshoh01 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm looking into buying a T4000 and was wondering if anybody has had either positive or negative experiences with it. Also, what are peoples thoughts on 1400 x 1050 on a 12.1" screen? Lastly, does the performance gain of a 7200rpm drive (over a 5400) outweigh the battery time loss?

-H

2. arclite

arclite Pen Pal - Newbie

I am also in the market for a Tablet Pc. T4000 in my opinion is the best choice in the realm of Tablet PC. It's stylish and carefully constructed unlike many mainstream products.

I also have done extensive research into T4000 and I've heard nothing by praises. But i must say, 4200RPM on standard model is disappointing. HDD is most likly the bottle neck for any system and having a 4200RPM makes the matter worse. You can upgrade it to 5400RPM with some retailers. But be warned, it dose decrease your battery time. You really can't get something from nothing.

If you want to weigh the value the between battery time and performance, I say go for the faster HDD. If you do any HDD intensive work, having the faster read and access time is the key to getting your work done faster thus requiring less time for you to rely on the battery time itself.

If you need a longer battery time, you can use its bay as secondary battery slot. I think that's the beauty of T4000. Unlike most 12.1 in tablet pcs, T4000 has a bay so that you can attach a DVD drive/writer, second HDD, or a second battery.

Hope that helps!

3. alshoh01

Thanks arclite. I was trying to figure out how much battery loss a 5400/7200rpm drive imposes. I'm definitely upgrading it from 4200 because 4200 is way too slow but I'm trying to figure out if jumping straight to 7200 is worth it. Portableone.com, which is where I'm ordering this from offers an HDS 7200 rpm drive.

Have you been able to see the T4000? I can't seem to find a retailer that stocks it so I can actually see it.

-H

4. arclite

arclite Pen Pal - Newbie

<blockquote id='quote'>quote:<hr height='1' noshade id='quote'>Originally posted by alshoh01

Thanks arclite. I was trying to figure out how much battery loss a 5400/7200rpm drive imposes. I'm definitely upgrading it from 4200 because 4200 is way too slow but I'm trying to figure out if jumping straight to 7200 is worth it. Portableone.com, which is where I'm ordering this from offers an HDS 7200 rpm drive.

Have you been able to see the T4000? I can't seem to find a retailer that stocks it so I can actually see it.

-H
    <hr height='1' noshade id='quote'></font id='quote'></blockquote id='quote'>

Fujutsu dose not deal with major retailers both on and offline. They have established relationships with small specialized stores across north america. This is why you won't see Fujitsu products at future shop (canada), circuit city (US), or Best Buy. The best way to get your hands on fujitsu's product is through online store that have this relationship ties.

But you may be able to find one in small stores u might never have heard about in your area. There is a section in fujitsu's website that lists these locations. Check em' out!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

As noted the HDD is the first major bottleneck in most computers. Everything I've read shows a small loss in battery with the 7200 RPM drive. I definitely think it's worth the investment.

Brian

www.BargainPDA.com | www.DigitalCameraReview.com | www.NotebookReview.com | www.SpotStop.com

6. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

What about heat issues with faster hard drives. This would be something I would consider and research futher because of the unique situation the Tablet PC user faces in holding a Tablet in his arm. The heat in this position can certainly prove even more uncomfortable than heat on the lap from a regular notebook.

Barry J. Doyle
    Editor in Chief
    TabletPCReviewSpot.com

7. alshoh01

Hrm.. I hadn't thought about the heat dissaption but that is a great point. Any ideas on how I would go about researching that?

-H

8. Brian

The heat really isn't a problem. Because it spins faster it seeks for less time. You'll see more heat from 1GB of RAM than a faster HDD.

Brian

www.BargainPDA.com | www.DigitalCameraReview.com | www.NotebookReview.com | www.SpotStop.com

9. alshoh01

That's a little surprising. I was always under the impression the two largest culprits of heat were the Processor and the Harddrive.

-H

10. Brian

The CPU gets hot, but at least it has a fan and heatsync. The RAM does not though, and high ammounts will generate a ton of heat. That's why Fujitsu uses suede to cover the RAM panels on most of their machines.

Brian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.