T2010 Wacom pressure levels?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Frank, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cass

cass Fujitsu T4215 owner

Hello everyone,
    I'm thinking on buying the T2010 and I'm wondering how many levels of pressure it has?

I read on another forum that if you have the Wacom drivers you can hold CTRL and click the ABOUT button within the properties and hold down the pen on the screen. it will show how many levels of pressure it has.

If you own a T2010 can you please try this and tell me the results?

Thanks.

2. Concentrate

Concentrate Scribbler - Standard Member

I see a pressure offset of 2 right now, but there is a total of 59 if I set it to maximum. Hope that helps

3. cass

cass Fujitsu T4215 owner

i heard about the pressure offset. thats not what the pressure counter is apparently.. just above it should be an on screen pointer placement X and Y values. above that should have Pressure: and then a readout once the pen is on screen and pressed down to the max ( for max pressure output.)

i had a jpeg of it from the site.. i cant find it now. but thanks so far.

4. Concentrate

255 is the max. (T_T) I've never pressed on the tablet that hard

5. cass

cass Fujitsu T4215 owner

lol... Thank you!!!

i think i'm still gonna buy this tabelt i've heard more good things than so-so/bad. plus that battery life sounds very good!

once again thank you very much!

6. Concentrate

No problem. Yes, I definitely recommend this tablet.

7. pibach

pibach Scribbler - Standard Member

Concentrate, can you press to get any out of the 255 levels? Or is the physical accuracy any different from this logical? Also I have to press a bit with my x61t to get the first level (this is what is recognized as a left click). It is a very light press, probably 30g, but I would like it lower to react as soon as the pen touches the screen.

8. Concentrate

I'm not sure what you mean with the first question, as this is my first tablet so I have no idea what physical + logical mumbo jumbo is. My pen reacts as soon as I touch the screen though.

9. Chocobo

Chocobo Scribbler - Standard Member

You can easily edit how hard you need to press in the Pen Properties located in the Control Panel. As an artist, I need that range of pressure so I have mine set to two blips right of Soft, which I think is the perfect setting for my needs.

10. pibach

pibach Scribbler - Standard Member

a) The pressure levels recognized by the pen itself (I call these physical) are handed over by the drivers to the ones used on application level (I call these the logical ones). So you always see 255 levels on application level but actually might have less physical levels. To test this accurately is quite difficult and you have to try pressing such that you can meet any of the 255 levels, i.e., 167 or 81. Just randomly select some an try if that is possible. For normal use this is not important, but for an artist this surely will.

b) There is always some initial pressure required. So let me be more specific: what is if you balance the pen vertically on the flat tablet screen but without holding or pressing it. That way you only have the pen's weight. Then, if you moving it, in case of the x61t, this will not be recognised as left click, i.e., no line is drawn, for example in MS Journal. The pen's weight is not enough initial pressure. This is somewhat distracting when writing fast. But I assume this to be a common issue of the Wacom technology. But might be also dependant on different pens? Don't really know...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.