T2010: SLOW video performance?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Legato86, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zunq

zunq Scribbler - Standard Member

The videos that ran fine on a laptop with 1.7ghz Pentium M with 512MB of ram on xp with integrated graphics, runs slow on the T2010 with 1.06Ghz Core 2 Duo with 2.5GB of ram on Vista. Spec-wise the T2010 should outperform it. The test video: Pick the Fighterpilot video.

What can be causing it to run slow? On WMP it stutters every few seconds.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. bearfox

bearfox Pen Pal - Newbie

There are several things to check:

1. Remove any "crapplets" that you don't need using the Add/Remove programs tool.
    2. Run msconfig.exe from the search tool. Use it to eliminate any TSR programs that you don't need.
    3. Make sure that you have the proper codecs installed. Even on Vista home and ultimate they overlooked adding AC3 support, though this would only affect audio.
    4. Check for the lastest video drivers.
    5. If none of these help, ensure that you are not in a power saving mode that will throttle CPU and/or GPU power when in battery mode.

3. zunq

I think I found the culprit, it's VISTA. I played the same video in BS player and it runs smooth. WMP checks the video a few times every second for DRM, and this is what causes the slowdown. If the video is HD with compressed files, it will slow it down noticeably. This is probably why it stutters constantly.

4. daver

daver Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

i played that exact same file on my TC4400, and it ran very smoothly. it jumped around for the first 3 seconds or so, but that's probably because it was still buffering the video or something. after that, smooth as a baby's bottom.

it could also be the codec(s) you're using. while i highly doubt this is really the problem, it's never a bad idea to check that out too.

EDIT:
    i just saw the minimum processor requirements. the webiste states "2.4 GHz processor or equivalent". i don't think the 1.06GHz processor is the "equivalent" of 2.4GHz, so that's another issue to consider.

5. estarkey7

estarkey7 Pen Pal - Newbie

I ran the Video with my T2010 1.06Ghz with no problem! The only difference my be that I tried to load Intel's new graphics driver. Everything eles is stock, with 2.5GB of RAM.

Ed

6. zunq

That's strange, did you try fullscreen? That is when it runs slow, but when it's windowed it will run normally.

Also, how did you install the intel graphics driver? I could not even get 15.6.1 to run, I get "not validated" error.

7. Legato86

Legato86 Pen Pal - Newbie

I recently tried upgrading my video drivers for my T4220. The new drivers give me less FPS in WC3 than the old ones and it slowed down my computer by quite a bit. I disliked it so much that I just restored it to the previous drivers.