t2010 SD card *SLOT* is not ReadyBoost compatible?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by 919jack, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Which Customer Support area did you contact?
    Also, did you get a name?

2. topher

topher Pen Pal - Newbie

Here's the sig:

Richard S.
    > Fujitsu Computer Systems Corporation Technical Support
    > 1-800-838-5487 (Technical Support and Customer Service line open 24
    > hours a day 7 days a week)

3. 919jack

919jack Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Topher -

So you are saying you downloaded the updated driver from FJ, and you can now use your SD card slot for a readyboost device (with card of course)? I just want to make sure; obviously this means that a driver and not hardware is the problem.

If I sound skeptical, it is because I tried this and it didn't do anything for me...specifically, I downloaded the Media Slot updated driver MEDIASLOT_O2MICRO_OZ711_V2.16_XP,VISTA_FPC46-1437-01.exe, ran it, and restarted when I was prompted to. There is no difference now with readyboost functionality of the SD card slot.

Can you verify for me what you downloaded?

Jack

4. topher

topher Pen Pal - Newbie

Yep. here's the exact link I used to download the driver:

http://support.fujitsupc.com/CS/Portal/supportsearch.do

And I pulled down the "Media Slot" driver. Suddenly it worked with the same card that wasn't working before. I'm using the Corsair 133x 2GB SD card. Good luck!

5. 919jack

919jack Pen Pal - Newbie

I was just told by Fujitsu USA in Memphis that the t2010 SD card reader will never support readyboost, because it uses a PCI connection, and a PCIE connection is needed for readyboost.

Can anyone verify or comment on this?

6. topher

topher Pen Pal - Newbie

Well damn, then I guess our Canadian machines are just better!

No idea really. Mine says it works fine (passes ReadyBoost test, installs a ReadyBoost file on the card, etc), but I can't say I've noticed any performance gains.

7. 919jack

919jack Pen Pal - Newbie

Topher, I want to solve this mystery. Can you help? The whole PCIE thing has me stumped...can you look in your Device Manager and check some info?

Go to Computer...System Properties at the top...Device Manager at top left (my apologies that you probably know this)...now expand Storage Controllers...you should have O2 Micro Integrated SD/MMC listed. Double click this and you get a new dialog window. Go to the Driver tab and look at your driver version, then go to the Details tab and look at your Hardware IDs.

I have driver version 1.0.1.440

All of my Hardware IDs start with PCI, like PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7120&CC_080501

Do you see any differences in your info? Specifically, is "PCIe" mentioned anywhere? I really have no idea if it would be listed here, but starting somewhere seems reasonable. If anyone has a better idea of where to start looking to compare our 2010s, please chime in on this!

Even though I also see very little performance gain from 4GB of readyboost, darnit, I want the non-crippled machine that I bought for a pretty penny. It ruins me to know that it is possible and FJ USA says it isn't!

8. MedLife008

MedLife008 Pen Pal - Newbie

Did you ever resolve this issue? I've been trying Google the subject but haven't had much luck. I certainly wouldn't mind buying an SD card if the slot works...:)

9. MedLife008

MedLife008 Pen Pal - Newbie

bump. has anyone tried this (readyboost + sd card) recently?

looking at fujitsu's support site, I see a note for the media slot driver saying

Purpose: This release resolves High Capacity SD card compatibility issue with O2Micro OZ711MS1/MP1/SP1/SP2 equipped systems.

so i'm inclined to believe that I can use sdhc cards in the slot too. can anyone confirm this? i'd really like to get an sdhc card from newegg but don't want to go through the whole return process b/c it simply won't work in the slot.

10. Concentrate

Concentrate Scribbler - Standard Member

You can use SDHC without the update. I've been using mine for a while now. I'm not sure about readyboost because I don't use it. I got 4GB of Ram and 1GB of the turbo memory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.