t2010 indoor/outdoor screen and 1.2ghz processor

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by phiquach, Nov 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tahoemark

tahoemark Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm close to buying a T2010. My primary application is for charts and approach plates when flying an aircraft. I will also use the laptop for interfacing mapping software with a bluetooth gps, and routine email, internet etc while on the road. I anticipate having the tablet in my lap or passenger seat, so that I can pick it up and look at things from time to time, just as I would do with a paper chart. Just as in your car, I figure my lap is in the shade most of the time and certainly when I pick the tablet up for closer inspection that can be in the shade as well. My question is about the screen. I think all the reviews I have seen online are for the indoor/outdoor display which everyone says is fantastic. How does this compare to the indoor display? Will the indoor display be a joke for my application? Again consider if you were in your car and wanted to see, say a map. I can assume in direct sunlight the indoor display wouldn't work, what about in shade? Am I dreaming to think the indoor display might work? Are there antiglare films out there that people recommend?

If I want to save money, newegg has good prices on the 1.06ghz model (indoor screen only). Obviously, I can upgrade memory and hard drive as needed, but will the 1.06 ghz be noticeably slower than the 1.2ghz model?

Money is not a pressing issue, but I don't want to spend more than I need to for my application.

The reason I narrowed my choice to the T2010 was; 1) it sounds like it has the best display, 2) fujitsu seems to have a good quality reputation 3) I like the idea of long battery life 4)t2010 is lightweight.

Any and all comments appreciated. This would be my first tablet pc.

Mark

2. Concentrate

Concentrate Scribbler - Standard Member

I wouldn't suggest you pick it up with one hand too often because it's too heavy for something like that. I think that the indoor/outdoor screen comes with two antiglare screen protectors because after I applied it, the screen looked crappy compared to before. When you're in direct sunlight, you would need to turn the screen brightness to max to be able to see it clearly, which then means that your battery would get used up faster (add that to your bluetooth gps). When in the shade, both displays will work great from what I've seen with another review that compared the two types of screens. Here's a link to Jamon's Homepage

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. tahoemark

tahoemark Pen Pal - Newbie

After I posted this I found Jeromes review and pictures. I think his pictures confused me more. It seems in direct sun the I/O screen is better but otherwise they are very similar. Anybody have data on the speed difference between the 1.06 and the 1.2. If the processor is not the bottleneck it may be very little difference-- but again I'm not expert.
    thanks

4. Concentrate

Concentrate Scribbler - Standard Member

Check this out. Battery life will be the same because you could always clock the 1.20 GHz down if you really wanted to.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. zunq

zunq Scribbler - Standard Member

The indoor display does sufficiently well in the shade. The indoor/outdoor display is not a true outdoor display either, as demonstrated in Jamon's comparison the indoor screen is almost equal in visibility.

The Fujitsu P1610 on the other hand has a transmissive display which makes it a true outdoor screen. The P1610 is a smaller T2010 with a touchscreen display. To me it sounds like the P1610 would be the best fit for you.

6. phiquach

phiquach Pen Pal - Newbie

but the indoor screen will make bubbles in the sun! lol :) JK :p

honestly, why did it start bubbling up i do not know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.