T1010 Tablet Buttons Dont work after Windows 7 Upgrade

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Multibomber, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Multibomber

Multibomber Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought a refurbished T1010, which I love. Everything worked great until I upgraded to Win 7. Now the tablet buttons dont work, autorotate doesnt work, and I cant figure out any other way to get my screen to switch from landscape to portrait. I've seen that other Fujitsus have this problem with Win 7. I tried downloading the Vista button drivers and button utility from the fujitsu website, but that didnt work.

If anyone has a step by step solution for my stupidity, that'd be way super awesome!

Does anyone think getting a different version/update of Win 7 would be helpful?

2. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I don't know how "legit" these drivers are, but they look right. If they turn out to be bad, be prepared to do another fresh install (ie: back up your important data first). Scroll to the Windows 7 drivers Fujitsu LifeBook T1010 Windows XP & Vista & 7 Drivers | Laptop Software

Another version of Win 7 won't help any.

I take no responsibility if anything does anything bad... It is all at your own risk

Good Luck!!! :)

3. Multibomber

I got the Bluetooth to work (YAY!) but I still cant get the tablet buttons to work. The problem is that when I try to install the older Vista Button Driver, I get a message that says "The device driver installation wizard did not update any of your software for your hardware devices because it was not better than the software you currently have installed." YES IT IS @#!$@!%#$@

So what do I need to do to get Windows 7 to accept the the older Button Driver that actually works???

4. Multibomber

Bump. Sorry, I still haven't found a fix for this and its super frustrating.

Does anyone know what do I need to do to get Windows 7 to accept the the older Button Driver that actually works???

5. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Pen Pal - Newbie

I found the fix for this problem, after pulling all my hair out I reinstalled the Intel chipset driver/software from my original disks and auto-rotation and the buttons work. Evidently win 7 loads generic chipset drivers that are not compatible.

6. Multibomber

Do I have to uninstall the Intel Chipset driver/software and restart my computer before reinstalling the ones from the original disks?

7. rjoudrey

I simply put in the disc, ran the Intel driver setup and immediately everything worked. Did not even have to reboot. I did not have to uninstall first.

8. Sangha

Sangha Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a TH700 running Win 7, the only disk I got was an XP Recovery disk. I had a look as I have button issues and thought I'd do the same as you. Should I look harder on that disk for drivers?

9. rjoudrey

I noticed Fujitsu did not have this driver listed. You may want to give them a call.

10. rjoudrey

Has this method worked for anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.