syncing my surface with my laptop using OneNote

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by Tricia, May 3, 2014.

1. Tricia

Tricia Pen Pal - Newbie

I am using One Note on my Surface and love it, I installed the same app onto my laptop hoping to easily sync the two together for note access and ease. I cannot seem to figure out how to easily sync the two... they are both running 8.1 any assistance would be great.

Thank you in advance! Tricia

2. tijo

tijo Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Log in to your microsoft account on OneNote on your laptop, you may have to log in separately. If you are using the OneNote "metro" app and are using a MS account on both devices, it should sync automatically.

3. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Are you're notebooks stored on OneDrive or locally? Are you using office 2013? Are you using the same Microsoft account on both your laptop and your tablet?

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  4. Tricia

Tricia Pen Pal - Newbie

I have office 2013 and I believe I am using the same Microsoft account. So what is happening is I began using notebooks on the tablet and was in awe with it, I love the simplicity and ease, so then I downloaded a version to my laptop (on my laptop I have a visible image of everything on Onedrive plus the notebook pages I have been moving over one by one by exporting each individual page) on the tablet I cannot see visibly the items I have on Onedrive only the notebooks and individual pages.

I am persistent, trying multiple ways, last night I did an export of pages and came up with a triplicate of each one I did from the tablet to the laptop...I keep thinking there must be an easier way :hi2: