sxga screen outdoors

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by homer007, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. homer007

homer007 Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone who has an sxga+ x60 tablet tried using the tablet outdoors in either direct or indirect sunlight? If so, how is the viewability?

2. Gautam

Gautam Moderator

I cannot say specifically for the x60, but your viewing of any LCD in direct sunlight is going to be limited. Especially with glossy screens.

3. BenjaminRies

BenjaminRies Scribbler - Standard Member

I have the X60 tablet MultiView, and my wife has the T60 (SXGA+). Her screen it looks almost as good as mine in indirect sunlight. In "direct" sunlight, both are very hard to see but again, mine gets the edge with full brightness. The real advantage of the MultiView is simply a polarizing layer that appears to improve off-angle readability under bright light. I have my doubts about whether it makes any difference when you're staring straight on at the centre of the screen.

I'm not sure about the 12" X60 SXGA, but in general it seems like ThinkPad screens have exceptional viewability because they aren't glossy. On the flip side, they don't have quite the vibrance or contrast ratio of your typical consumer multimedia laptop.

4. homer007

homer007 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the help! I think I'm going to go with the SXGA then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.