SXGA+ Resolution on the x61t

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by cheesyp18, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. izzypoobah

izzypoobah Pen Pal - Newbie

Correction: "laptop style" is primary landscape, not primary portrait.

In case anyone wants to see the difference, here are some comparison pics. They show the difference between the screen orientations pretty accurately. Not the best, but you can see the difference if you view at 100%. In order: primary landscape, primary portrait, secondary landscape, secondary portrait.

Attached Files:

2. izzypoobah

lenovorocks, you're right, this trick works out pretty nicely!

3. tabletdiehard

tabletdiehard Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah. I would show off this thing to my iFone friends. See who has the real MULTITOUCH. :D

4. Michael-P

Michael-P Pen Pal - Newbie

I think this has something to do with the way LCDs are made.There must be a relation to the position of the subpixels.

5. mayhem_sci

mayhem_sci Pen Pal - Newbie

How about presentation? I've seen some macbooks with wide screens and there's always problems when doing presentation to projectors. so what happens when u project to a XGA projector?

6. izzypoobah

That has to do with differences in resolution between the laptop and the projector. Normally you need to set your resolution to something you know the projector can display.

This gives me an idea though, I can try displaying from the x61 to an external LCD and then rotate the screen (not sure if that will work) to see if the issue is with the x61's LCD panel or with the graphics system.

Anyways, maybe I should start a different thread regarding the screen rotation quality issues, seems a little OT for this thread.

7. chicagonyc

chicagonyc Pen Pal - Newbie

Looks like SXGA+ is only available on the X61 Tablet with Mobile Broadband now. What's up with that?!

8. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

SXGA+ screen option is still available for the X60, who knows how long that ordering option will last for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.